Chapter 130

Chapter 130: Teahouses in the Capital City

As soon as Chen Xiao Mai left, Yuan Bao had lost all desire for food and drink, his missed his best playmate. Poor Yuan Bao had even lost weight.

Lu Lin was very anxious, he tried so many ways to cheer his son up.

But the rocking chair strategy and lifesize doll strategy had both failed. Lu Lin racked his brain and promised Yuan Bao that he would have a baby brother or a baby sister in no time.

However, after a few days, Yuan Bao discovered that he wouldn't have his baby brother or sister in at least a month, and he was very disappointed.

Yuan Bao felt that he had been fooled by his father. His father was a big liar.

In order to divert the attention of the Yuan Bao, and to save his image in Yuan Bao's mind, Lu Lin asked the craftsmen to make a set of building blocks. Yuan Bao had so much fun playing with the building blocks.

Lu Lin suddenly realized the building blocks might be yet another hit. Lu Lin asked the carpenters who were free to make building blocks.

The carpenters were busy making ploughs for people from other counties until days ago. However, the market had cooled down recently, so they had a lot of free time in hand.

The local people in Sha County also had limited purchasing power, the market was saturated at this point. Lu Lin gave the carpenters a few days off.

The carpenters who were used to getting their wages from Lu Lin on a daily basis didn't enjoy their days off, so they were very grateful when Lu Lin asked them to come back, making the blacksmiths envious.

Lu Lin showed the carpenters a few sketches about the building blocks, the carpenters weren't optimistic about this project. They doubted if this new item was marketable, but they didn't raise any objection on seeing how excited Lu Lin was.

......

The winery's business was heading to the right direction, people from the surrounding counties had heard their name and started to support their business.

Lu Lin was very happy about the validation.

Yuan Bao had been sulking since Chen Xiao Mai left. Lu Lin asked the kitchen to make a pot of sweet rice dumplings in fermented rice soup for Yuan Bao.

Chen Xiao Mi and Shen Chi finished off the whole pot while Lu Lin was not watching, which rendered Lu Lin speechless.

After Chen Xiao Mi got pregnant, Lu Lin stopped Chen Xiao Mi from drinking, leaving Chen Xiao Mi craving for more, so he sent Yuan Bao away on an excuse and finished the whole pot with Shen Chi.

......

Ji Cheng Kang's team headed towards the capital city in high and vigorous spirits. There were more than ten strong soldiers in the team, and no one dared to provoke them.

Chen Xiao Mai rode on his horse, looking daring and energetic.

Lu Lin selected a timid horse for Chen Xiao Mai for this trip in case he got bored in the carriage.

"I'm afraid we won't be able to reach the next town before sunset. We can only spend the night in the wilderness," Ji Cheng Kang looked at the sky and said.

"Are we going to camp?" Chen Xiao Mai asked excitedly.

Ji Cheng Kang nodded and said, "Yeah!"

"That's great."

Ji Cheng Kang looked at Chen Xiao Mai and showed a doting smile.

At first, Ji Cheng Kang was worried that Mai would cry bitterness without ceasing along the way. However, Ji Cheng Kang found that Chen Xiao Mai was very tough and seemed to be very interested in all the challenging activities. Mai was completely different from the Bios from the big families he had seen in the capital city.