Chapter 173

Chapter 173: Here Comes Highness Cheng Again

Oyster became No.1 popular beauty product in the capital city, which immediately aroused the curiosity of many people.

Many people did not believe that the oyster could help women maintain beauty and keep young, but this did not prevent many people from trying.

There were many ladies in the capital city who had got nothing but time and money in hand, all they talked about all day long was beauty secrets.

Ji Yun An repackaged and sold the dried oyster meat in small portions sent by Lu Lin.

For a time, oyster became the ultimate symbol of status in the capital city.

The benefit of 'boosting vigor' was soon discovered by people, and the prices kept rising.

The dried oyster meat was sold in exquisite boxes, each box was about 5 taels of silver, the demand for these goods exceeded the supply.

The oysters fished by the fleet were transported to the capital city continuously.

......

Several women were busy drying the oyster in the open space by the dormitory buildings.

"These oysters are very precious. Be careful," Qin Lang reminded the women.

"Captain Qin, who are buying these oysters?" A fisherman asked.

Qin Lang glanced at the fisherman with a meaningful smile, "That's none of our business, Third Master Chen and his husband have found great market in the capital city. All we need to do is fish more and send them to the capital city."

Qin Lang thought to himself, 'I heard Third Master Chen mentioned in the letter that oysters are now the most popular present in the capital city. Those wealthy people are willing to pay good money for them, and they will pay more for fancy packaging!'

The fisherman nodded and said, "We are getting a good pay from the fleet, I'm afraid Magistrate Lu will lose money."

Oysters were not hard to fish in this county, the fishermen all worked hard fishing oysters recently under Lu Lin's instruction. They could make more than one tale of silver per month.

The fishermen had never earned so much money before, they were thrilled on one hand, and they were worried Lu Lin would lose money from paying them so generously.

Qin Lang smiled, "Lose money? You don't have to worry about this. They know what they are doing, they are paying us generously because they appreciate your hard work."

Qin Lang thought to himself, 'These innocent fishermen, how could the young masters lose money? They are all genius merchants!'

However, the fishermen interpreted it as 'The masters are appreciating our hard work, so they are paying us generously even though it means they might lose money.'

......

On the coast, several fishermen were repairing the fishing nets and doing routine checks on the boats.

"Old Zhang, you're getting married too!" A fisherman asked.

The fisherman called Old Zhang scratched his head shyly. A while ago, he found a strange-looking turtle and sold it to Chen Xiao Cai for three taels of silver. After getting the silver, he bought a private dormitory.

"It's all thanks to the great benefits we have got from joining the fleet," Old Zhang said.

"Yeah! Magistrate Lu is a good official. It is said that when Magistrate Lu left Sha County, there were so many villagers gathering around saying goodbye to him. And now I know the reason," a fisherman said.