Chapter 85

Chapter 85: Corvee

When Lu Lin came back, Liu Gui Yong and the other villagers had already left.

"You're in a good mood!" As soon as Lu Lin entered the house, he saw Chen Xiao Mi grinning at a basket of things in front of him.

Chen Xiao Mi nodded. " Uncle Liu and the Village Head of the Big Gulf Village were here. They sent us this basket as a thank you gift, they said they were so grateful to us. Look at the specialties, they remind me of home."

"Uncle Liu can do away with formalities with us. Was their village head here too?"

Chen Xiao Mi nodded. "The Big Gulf Village is very polite, too. He seemed to be very respectful to me, that was a new experience for me, Zhang Cheng, our Village Head only finds fault with me."

Lu Lin smiled, "Really? That's very good to hear."

Lu Lin had been to the Big Gulf Village a few times and had talked to their Village Head. He felt that their Village Head was very amiable, he had never put on airs when he talked to Lu Lin.

"Yeah, he is very approachable," Chen Xiao Mi said.

......

The news of sweet potatoes encountering poor sales had spread to Big Stone Village. The two villages were neighboring villages, many families in the two villagers were related by marriage.

People in Big Stone Village also knew that the sweet potatoes in Big Gulf Village were in excess of demand. Many people even expressed sympathy, but soon enough, they heard about the good news that the sweet potatoes in Big Gulf Village became popular.

The dried sweet potato chips made from Big Gulf Village's mini sweet potatoes was very delicious. Many people in town even visited Big Gulf Village to purchase from them, and the price of sweet potatoes from Big Gulf Village had gone up.

When people in Big Stone Village asked about it, they found that it had something to do with Lu Lin. It was Lu Lin who made the sweet potatoes of Big Gulf Village into dried sweet potato chips and promoted then as freebies, which made the sweet potatoes of Big Gulf Village famous.

Actually, there were a few families in Big Stone Village who secretly planted the new breed of sweet potatoes. Originally, these families were also worried, but now that the little sweet potato became popular, they were relieved.

There were still too many sweet potatoes in Big Gulf Village, so it was still difficult to sell them all. After thinking about it, Liu Tian the Village Head he called on the whole village to make dried sweet potato chips.

After Lu Lin heard about it, he bought a batch of dried sweet potato chips from Big Gulf Village and put them in the store for sale.

After the news spread, people in the village thought that Lu Lin was so capable. He had just afforded a livelihood to so many villagers with the greatest of ease.

Lu Lin had once again become the talk of the town, the villagers kept talking about him nonstop.

Tang could hear all kinds of flattery words about Lu Lin wherever she went. The villagers all made a living from the produce in their field, their primary concern was to sell the produce smoothly. Lu Lin had found a market for the slow-selling sweet potatoes, she was held in high esteem by the villagers than before.

Lu Lin had been in town the whole time and had he no idea that he had gained another round of considerable repute in the village.

......

Zhang Cheng said while puffing his pipe, "Lu Lin is really capable."

A while ago, Zhang Cheng met the Village Head the Big Gulf Village who wore an anxious look on the face, but he was bursting with happiness now.