Chapter 82

Chapter 82: Autumn Harvest

"Granny, I'll find some casual workers to help you with he autumn harvest."

There were always people who worked odd jobs for a living in town. In autumn harvest season, they usually would charge more, but generally speaking, it wasn't a large amount of money for Lu Lin.

Granny Shen nodded and said, "Lin, thank you so much, that is very thoughtful of you. But I've got this, I want to ask around in the village, I will hire casual workers in town if no one is available in town, don't worry, you are paying me good wages now, I can afford to hire some help."

Lu Lin thought about it and nodded. It would be a little disrespectful if he hired casual workers in town directly without inquiring the villagers first.

Lu Li n couldn't help but recall when he and Chen Xiao Mi built a new room, he asked the Village Head to ask the villagers whether were available to help out, the Village Head just turned him down without hesitation.

Shen Chi and Chen Xiao Cai were now engaged but Granny Shen didn't want to take advantage of Lu Lin.

Granny Shen thought that she didn't really live in the village any more. She thought she might will transport all the grains to the warehouse in the commercial house after she paid taxes in grain.

Granny Shen had observed some things recently. Chen Xiao Mi and Lu Lin said that they were working for the Big Boss who now was out on a business trip, but it was so weird that the Big Boss had never showed up.

Wan Li and his family's indentures were all in Chen Xiao Mi's hand. It baffled Granny Shen, she didn't think there would be a boss who trusted someone to such extent.

Granny Shen secretly suspected that this store belonged to Lu Lin and Chen Xiao Mi. However, she didn't dare say that to anyone. If this store really belonged to Chen Xiao Mi, Grandma Chen would probably kick everyone out and take forcible possession of it.

Granny Shen thought to herself, 'If the shop was really Chen Xiao Mi's, then it would be a huge deal. The villagers were so keen to be betrothed with Chen Xiao Cai when they heard that Chen Xiao Mi made two taels of silver per month. If they knew that Chen Xiao Mi was the owner of the shop, then even if Chen Xiao Cai and his grandson were engaged, there still would be people who wanted to replace Shen Chi.

There were so many girls trying so hard to marry those rich masters in town, even as a concubine.

Granny Shen gasped on that thought, she was so worried for her grandson.

......

Granny Shen counted the days and autumn harvest season was just around the corner. She asked for a few days leave and went straight to the village to check on the farm land.

Lu Lin asked Qin Lang to accompany Granny Shen. Qin Lang was so happy about this task, he guaranteed Lu Lin that he would protect Granny Shen no matter what.

Qin Ming's leg had recovered, and he had been asking more work from Lu Lin as well.

Lu Lin would ask Qin Ming to run errands or look after Chen Xiao Mai.

Qin Lang became more and more mature, Lu Lin appreciated this young man.

Although he was a little young, he was already quite imposing. Recently, he had been helping delivering goods to Willow Town. He had made his father proud.

It was still early August in lunar calendar, but the grains in the field were already ripe. However, most villagers decided to give it a few more days.

Granny Shen walked around the field and decided to start early to avoid any undue delay.