Chapter 133

Chapter 133: Return Like a Hero

Lu Lin was right, Ji Cheng Kang and his team needed to come back to Sha County not long after he reported on his work in the imperial court. Chen Xiao Cai and Chen Xiao Mai followed the team back, while Ji Yun An was left in the capital city to pursue his study.

Chen Xiao Mai had so much fun in the capital city and he was reluctant to leave. However, he didn't make a scene when he heard the news that they were leaving soon.

......

"Big Brother, we are back!" Chen Xiao Cai visited Chen Xiao Mi first after they had arrived, he was thrilled when he heard the great news that Shen Chi was pregnant.

"Lin Ge, we've made about 2400 taels of silver from the book sale, I've split the money with Ji Yun An like you told me. This is our half, 1200 taels, and I've spent some in the capital city."

Chen Xiao Mi was stunned, "So much! People in the capital city would spend so much money on a story!"

Lu Lin was also shocked, but he managed to look calm and collected.

Lu Lin thought that Chen Xiao Cai was indeed a genius! He was impressed by how much money Cai had made within such a short period of time.

Chen Xiao Cai then took out the bandars notes that Lu Lin had sewn under the linings of his clothes before they left for the capital city. "Lin Ge, here is the money you have given me for the trip, I didn't spend any."

"Cai, you've done an awesome job!"

"Lin Ge, you are flattering me, you should take the credit, people are paying for your story."

Chen Xiao Cai knew that Lu Lin had told people that he heard the story from a late mountain people when they were back in the Big Stone Village. However, Chen Xiao Cai knew that was impossible, mountain people were always too weighed down with work to take a break, let alone telling Lu Lin stories. What was more, how come Qin Yi, a mountain people himself, had never heard this story.

Chen Xiao Cai always felt that Lu Lin was loaded with secrets, but he did not dig into it.

"Cai, let's split the 1200 taels fifty-fifty," Lu Lin said.

Chen Xiao Cai shook his head and said, "I'll take two hundred."

Two hundred taels was already an amount that a lot of people could only dream of in their lifetime. Chen Xiao Cai felt he didn't deserve half because all he did was following Lu Lin's instructions and he felt Lu Lin could make way more than 2400 tales if he had the time to go to the capital city himself.

Lu Lin shook his head and said, "600 tales, I insist! You are having a baby soon, plus we are family, it doesn't make much difference."

Chen Xiao Cai nodded and took 600 taels of silver.

Chen Xiao Cai didn't have much cash in hand because he bought a commercial street in Sha County not long ago. He appreciated it so much that Lu Lin was making up excuses to give him more money.

"Our winery is doing pretty great, would you like to manage the winery now that you are back? " Lu Lin said.

Chen Xiao Cai nodded and said, "I'd love to."

Chen Xiao Cai hesitated for a second and said, "Lin Ge, I enjoyed doing business in the capital city, rich people just made everything so much easier, but it's easy to offend people there!"

"Oh? Care to explain?"

At first, Chen Xiao Cai and Ji Yun An decided to give Auspicious Clous teahouse the exclusive authority about the story-telling, but a few tea houses approached Ji Cheng Kang.