Chapter 69

Chapter 69: Manager Chen Xiao Cai

Chen Xiao Mi looked at the account book in his hand. The sales of Forest Town's commercial house was on the decline, but Willow Town was a different story, business was booming there.

"Tomorrow, I'll go to Willow Town with you."

Lu Lin glanced at Chen Xiao Mi and said, "I'll go. You can just stay home. There are still a lot of people coming over to deliver the goods tomorrow."

Chen Xiao Mi rolled his eyes and said, "I can take care of myself on the way."

Lu Lin smiled and said, "Of course I know that. Not only can you protect yourself, you can also protect our baby and our shop! It's just so hot recently. The road is so bumpy, what if you have a sunstroke?"

Chen Xiao Mi nodded and said, "That makes sense, I just wanted to check on Cai. Tell him he can always come back home if he doesn't like it there in Willow Town."

"I know. If he can't adapt, I'll find another shopkeeper."

However, it was best to use someone reliable for a position like the shopkeeper. Otherwise, the shop owner would have to check the account books with an inquiring eye.

......

Chen Xiao Cai hid the money he earned under his pillow, feeling a little worried.

He sold more than ten bags this day, that was more than 3 taels of silver, plus 4 taels from the day before and 20 taels he had accumulated since the opening day.

With so much money under his pillow, Chen Xiao Cai was excited, but he couldn't help but worry. He was afraid that he would be robbed one day.

Chen Xiao Cai was looking forward to Lu Lin's arrival. If Lu Lin came, he could give the silver to Lu Lin and there was no need for feel so alarmed like this.

Chen Xiao Cai lay in bed, missing his brother and brother-in-law.

Chen Xiao Cai waited for a few days and finally there came Lu Lin.

" Lin Gege, you're finally here," Chen Xiao Cai handed the silver from the pouch to Lu Lin and let out a long sigh of relief. "So much silver, I feel uneasy."

Lu Lin looked at Chen Xiao Cai's expression and laughed. 'Little Cai, getting so nervous about 30 tales, cute~ I can't wait to see our reaction when you make your first 100 taels!'

Although the poor people in this world were very poor, there were also some rich people who were big fans of trendy bags.

"The profit isn't bad at all!"

Chen Xiao Cai nodded, "Yeah! Sometimes our shop is crowded with customers. It has decreased a bit over the past few days. I think there are more rich people in this town than Forest Town."

Lu Lin nodded and said, "Looks like Willow Town is more prosperous."

" Lin Gege, how long are staying this time?" Chen Xiao Cai's emotions towards Lu Lin were complicated, he was respectful, and a bit shy at the same time. However, after a long time without seeing his family, Chen Xiao Cai felt thrilled when he finally saw Lu Lin.

Lu Lin looked at the sky and said, "It's getting late today. I have to stay until tomorrow and leave."

Chen Xiao Cai was secretly happy when he heard Lu Lin's words.

" Lin Gege, how are Mai and Chi?"

Lu Lin raised his eyebrows. Chen Xiao Cai's question seemed to be casual, but he seemed to have mustered up his courage to ask that question. It was fine for him to ask about his brother's situation, but asking about Shen Chi's situation was suspicious! Shen Chi was a Bio after all.