Chapter 78

Chapter 78: Beware of Imitations

Lu An now had no other option but to do farm work.

First Uncle Lu felt that his youngest brother had lost his job and brought disgrace on his family, so he assigned all the heavy work like cutting wood and fetching water to Lu An.

When Lu An was working in town, he managed dozens of workers.

The workers all respected him on the surface, Lu An certainly was used to that.

Although he had lost his job, Lu An needed some time to adjust his mentality.

Lu An thumbed his nose at his older brother Lu Ming. The two brothers kept arguing.

However, Lu An was the one who was in the wrong and brought disgrace on the family in the first place. Therefore, Lu Ming usually was the one who gained the upper hand.

Lu An was used to being carefree in town. After he returned home, he was ordered to do heavy work all day, and he didn't take it well.

Both Grandma Lu and Grandpa Lu took Lu Ming's side, making Lu An even more upset.

Lu An lay on the bed and said in a depressed tone, "My big brother is such a jerk."

Lin Xiu'er rolled her eyes in the heart, she was mad that Lu An didn't bring her a cent from the bribes, but she knew her husband was pretty depressed at the moment, so she decided to not mention that and pour oil on the flames.

"Two days ago, Lu Tong came back and took away the 20 steamed buns from our kitchen," Lin Xiu'er said.

Lu An frowned and said, "What's going on with Big Sister-in-law and her daughter! Married daughters are like spilled water. 20 steamed buns! We are not doing well ourselves!"

Lu Tong's husband had given them 20 tales as betrothal present, but Lu An hadn't got access to even 1 tael of that money! It went directly to Lu Cheng Yu's wedding fund!

Lin Xiu'er frowned and said, "Lu Tong's husband's family is not poor! How can she take advantage of us like this!"

Lin Xiu'er didn't know that the only reason Tang indulged Lu Tong was because Lu Tong threatened to tell Grandma Lu that Li Fang Yue's sister was only a concubine.

Grandma Lu knew one thing or two that Tang had been giving Lu Tong stuff, Grandma Lu was not happy about that.

"Your big brother raised such a daughter, she used to disrespect me so much when she was at home. I don't think her husband's family like her to be honest." Lin Xiu'er complained.

......

The Lu family was in a mess, Lu Lin had also encountered some situations.

Chen Xiao Cai came back to Forest Town from Willow Town alone this day.

"What do you mean by they are not renting the store to us? Me and the owner have a deal, we've signed a contract and everything." asked Lu Lin.

Chen Xiao Cai said sullenly, "The owner said he was going to use the store soon and he changed his mind."

Lu Lin frowned. The store he rented in Willow Town was at a good location, he and the owner had a good talk and they signed a long-term contract. 'How could he regret it so soon?'

" Did he say how to compensate us? We have a contract after all." asked Lu Lin.

Chen Xiao Cai said angrily, "He said that he will deduct the rent for the past few months and compensate us with the rest of the money. Lin Gege, the owner compelled us to move out within three days. Otherwise, he would throw our things out. If it wasn't for Uncle Qin, I think the owner would have thrown our things out already."