Chapter 76

Chapter 76: Chi's Betrothal Presents

A few girls in the village gathered together to chat.

"My mother said that Shen Chi is going to get engaged soon."

"I didn't expect that Shen Chi would get engaged so soon. My mother said that it was difficult for a Bio to find a good husband. Shen Chi is really lucky."

Generally speaking, only kids from rich families would get engaged this young.

Before this, some people had guessed that Shen Chi's reputation was ruined and no one wanted to marry him. Chances were he would get married really late like Chen Xiao Mi, and he would have to offer a handsome betrothal present.

Zhang Ya said sullenly, "This isn't confirmed yet. Maybe there's some misunderstanding."

Zhang Ya's mother, Ma Shi, went to propose marriage to Lu Lin before, but she was rejected. She was furious when she heard the news that Lu Lin had his eyes on Shen Chi.

There had been rumors in the village that Shen Chi was shameless and he tried to seduce Chen Xiao Cai, but no one thought that Chen Xiao Mi would really select Shen Chi for Chen Xiao Cai. And now they all felt so embarrassed.

"Matchmaker Wang already said that, it shouldn't be wrong," a little girl said.

"But my mother said that Matchmaker Wang is full of it. That woman has a glib tongue, you need to be clever when she tells you something," a chubby boy said. Then he seemed to realize he shouldn't have said so he covered his mouth timidly.

......

In Lu family.

Tang said sullenly, "What is Chen Xiao Mi thinking? He has selected someone for Chen Xiao Cai so early. And he selected a Bio! Chen Xiao Cai is so young and naïve, he may agree now. But when he grows up, he would blame Chen Xiao Mi for sure. How can Chen Xiao Mi, the big brother in the family, select a Bis for his own brother? "

Lin Xiu'er smiled and mocked Tang in the heart. 'You were very picky when you selected partners for your kids, but so what, they didn't marry well!'

Lu Cheng Yu married a lazy lady and Lu Tong married a widower with a son.

Lu Tong had already come back several times because of her arguments with her husband and mother-in-law. Lu Tong would just come back emptyhanded and sit idle for a few days in their house as bold as brass. Tang didn't feel embarrassed, but Lin Xiu'er wasn't happy about it.

"Maybe the villagers' rumors has facilitated this engagement.," Lin Xiu'er said. "I wonder how much money Chen Xiao Mi will offer Shen Chi as betrothal present."

Lu Cheng Yu's wedding ceremony was an eye-opener for the villagers. And they all thought that Chen Xiao Mi had money, so they were curious about how much Chen Xiao Mi would offer.

Tang narrowed her eyes and said, "I have no idea, but the villagers are really not wrong! Shen Chi, that little Bio, is very scheming.

Tang felt a little depressed when she thought about the fact that they sold their farmland to Granny Shen.

Tang did not expect that the Shen family and Chen Xiao Cai would actually be betrothed. In a sense, their farmland would be in Lu Lin's hands soon.

......

Three days later, Chen Xiao Mi, Lu Lin and Matchmaker Wang went to Shen's house with two mule carriages.

Lu Lin already had a betrothal present at home, but he rented another one for display of splendor.

Two mule carriages passed through the village, attracting many people to watch.

Chen Xiao Mi's pregnancy had caused yet another round of clamor.