Chapter 70

Chapter 70: Ridiculous Rumor

Lu Lin found that the aesthetics of Forest Town and Willow Town seemed to be somewhat different. Some of the bags that no one showed any interest in Forest Town's were quite popular when they were brought to Willow Town. Of course, there were also some popular bags in Forest Town that got old-shouldered in Willow Town.

Lu Lin found that Forest Town and Willow Town both had a few so-called 'influencers'. The bags that these people bought were more likely to become the popular ones, Lu Lin couldn't help but recall those 'beauty influencers' on Instagrax.

During this period of time, Lu Lin launched a few new handbags.

For some rich people, what mattered most to them was not money, but that they could buy good things as soon as possible. Therefore, although there was a 'copycat' shop in town with more competitive prices, the latest bags were still very popular.

Granny Shen stayed in town for a while and she took Shen Chi back to the village this day.

Knowing that Granny Shen was going back, Lu Lin lent the mule carriage to Granny Shen.

Granny Shen was getting more and more familiar with Lu Lin, so she didn't reject it. She thought about bringing more vegetables for Lu Lin as a return gift when she came back.

Lu Lin had been busy and sometimes he just went to the market to buy vegetables. In Granny Shen's opinion, this kind of behavior was a huge waste!

Granny Shen took Shen Chi to work in the farmland as soon as they arrived home. Several villagers were surprised to see Granny Shen and Shen Chi, they surrounded them quickly.

"Granny Shen, you're back! I haven't seen you for quite a while!"

Granny Shen smiled and said, "Yeah!"

"Granny Shen, you and Shen Chi didn't come back very often. Are you living in town?"

"Yeah!"

"The rent in town is so expensive. Where do you live?"

"The master is rich, and there are a few servants' rooms. Me and Chi are living in one of the servants room." With that Granny realized it must be Lu Lin who had negotiated a room for her and Chi.

Accommodation was a big problem. The female workers in this store were all relatively close to the town. If they lived far away, they would have to waste a lot of time commuting.

"Chi, you are staying in town every day now, you are no longer a bumpkin boy."

Shen Chi smiled awkwardly, "Auntie, you are joking."

"How is that joking? I heard that Chen Xiao Mi's brother Chen Xiao Cai used to work in the same shop as you, but now he is nowhere to be seen. Have they sold him?" A chubby woman asked in a careless manner.

Shen Chi was startled by the woman's words. "How is that possible?"

The woman smiled awkwardly and said, "I heard it from Grandma Chen. Grandma Chen said the reason why Chen Xiao Mi stopped her from selling Cai was because he wanted to sell Cai and keep the money to himself."

Shen Chi blinked. It was hard to imagine that there would be such ridiculous rumors in the village.

Chen Xiao Cai was sent to Willow Town by Lu Lin to be the shopkeeper. Some people in the village thought that Cai was sold!

"Granny Shen! What does Lu Lin do in town? How come I heard that he is in charge of all the female workers?"

Granny Shen smiled and said, "He is in charge. Maybe it is the boss's idea."