Chapter 107

Chapter 107: To Reverberate the Village

Lu Cheng Yu and Li Fang Yue returned to the village on an oxcart, both were too shocked to say a word to each other on the whole way.

Lu Cheng Yu was in a state of utter stupefaction, and Li Fang Yue was no better.

"Son, what has Secretary-General and you talked about?" Tang was confused when she saw Lu Cheng Yu's shocked expression.

Lu Cheng Yu glanced at Tang and said, "Secretary-General talked to me about something very serious."

Tang asked curiously, "What is it?"

Lu Cheng Yu took a deep breath and glanced at Tang, "The boss of Sino Commercial House is Chen Xiao Mi!"

Tang jumped excitedly. "Impossible."

Lu Cheng Yu pulled a long face and muttered, "It's hard to believe, but it should be true."

Logically speaking, no boss would entrust the store to a Bio and a stranger and retire backstage without ever showing up for years. The employees of the Sino Commercial House all signed their indentures with Chen Xiao Mi. It was also up to Chen Xiao Mi how much pay the workers were getting.

Lu Cheng Yu used to think that the boss of Sino Commercial House was too muddleheaded. The boss didn't even bother to show up after the villagers raising a colossal uproar about the couple embezzling the turnover of the store. But now he just thought that Lu Lin and Chen Xiao Mi had done a damx great job tricking everyone!

To think they managed to hide such a thing from everyone for years!

Lu Cheng Yu suddenly understood why Chen Xiao Mi had given much money to Chen Jing easily.

Lu Lin was married into the Chen Family by his own grandparents, no one could accuse him of being unfilial. Chen Xiao Mi was different. Although Chen Xiao Mi had renounced his family verbally, if Grandma Chen and Grandpa Chen resolved to sue Chen Xiao Mi, it was possible that Chen Xiao Mi would be imprisoned.

With a written and witnessed Renouncement Letter in hand, Chen Xiao Mi had ironclad proof that he and his brothers had nothing to do with the Chen family.

Thirty taels of silver was nothing for Chen Xiao Mi.

Back then, if the Chen family knew that Chen Xiao Mi was actually the boss of commercial house, they would never let him go with just thirty taels of silver.

Lu Cheng Yu thought to himself, 'Chen Xiao Mi is quite thoughtful and prudent, he had spared all later trouble with mere 30 taels of silver and a country house. Chen Xiao Mi has been leading such a comfortable life in town for the past few years, but the Chen family didn't have any improvement.'

The Chen brothers were very resentful towards Chen Jing due to the stupid thing he had done.

"This Lu Lin is actually the boss."

Tang gritted her teeth with hatred. In the past few years, Tang had been looking forward to the boss of commercial house coming back and kicking Lu Lin out as she saw what a great life Lu Lin and his family were leading. She turned green with envy when she heard the so-called "Big Boss" didn't exist at all. Chen Xiao Mi and Lu Lin actually owned the commercial house themselves.

"Chen Xiao Mi and Lu Lin, how is it possible though! They could afford a store and a house in town! How did they get the capital in the first place!" In Tang's opinion, those who could gain a foothold in town all had a rich family supporting them, but neither Chen Xiao Mi nor Lu Lin had such a family!

Tang had always seen Chen Xiao Mi as nothing but a bold hunter, Lu Lin as an ill-starred invalid like his own grandmother had said. She was shocked to the core when she heard this couple actually owned the store!