Chapter 20

Chapter 20: I'm Not A Spirit, I'm Human

More and more villagers were talking about Chen Xiao Mi and the 'ginseng' he had found, soon Chen Xiao Mi had heard of it too.

"You have been telling people that I have found ginseng?" asked Chen Xiao Mi.

Lu Lin nodded, "Yes, I have. The thing is we cannot let the Lus suspect the money has something to do with me."

Chen Xiao Mi had renounced the Chens, but the Lus were still coveting Lu Lin. They had sent Lu Tong to ask him to help with the Autumn Harvest, the grandmother had made a scene and slandered Lu Lin's name after Chen Xiao Mi drove Lu Tong away.

Chen Xiao Mi found that made sense, he nodded and said, "That's very thoughtful."

Chen Xiao Mi then added, "But aren't you worried that people may call you dead beat?"

Lu Lin smiled, "That doesn't concern me at all. We are living for ourselves, not the so-called name."

Chen Xiao Mi didn't quite follow Lu Lin, Lu Lin didn't explain further.

Chen Xiao Mi and Lu Lin went to the mountains this day.

Lu Lin took out the dagger he used to dig Chinese yam, but a voice came as soon as he crouched down, "Ha, let me see what's in your hand."

Lu Lin's heart sank, he raised his head and saw Chen Xiao Mi!

'I just saw him walking away, that's why I have taken out my dagger, but how come he is back?' thought Lu Lin.

Lu Lin frowned.

"Come on, let me see." Chen Xiao Mi couldn't wait to see what it is.

Lu Lin shook his head and handed his dagger to Chen Xiao Mi.

Chen Xiao Mi fondled the dagger admiringly, he waved it in hand and said, "Mine now!"

Chen Xiao Mi's tone was a bit demanding, but Lu Lin didn't find that annoying, he found that rather adorable. Chen Xiao Mi now looked like a five-year-old who has just got his Christmas present. Plus he had more daggers in the store.

Chen Xiao Mi's eyes were glued to the dagger, he had never seen such an exquisite dagger before, it was so light yet so sharp.

Chen Xiao Mi suddenly looked Lu Lin up and down, "Who are you exactly? Are you a human or a spirit?"

Chen Xiao Mi had just seen how Lu Lin got this dagger in hand 'out of nowhere', so he asked Lu Lin that question.

"I'm your husband, of course I'm human!" Lu Lin laughed.

Chen Xiao Mi squinted his eyes and said, "You can just regenerate food out of nowhere, right? The flour, the rice and the eggs in our kitchen is all your doing, isn't it?"

Chen Xiao Mi wished it were true secretly, because he and his brothers were all enjoying the yummy food Lu Lin had been cooking for them.

Lu Lin shook his head and said, "That's not entirely true. I have a store that is full of food in my body, so we will run out of food eventually."

Chen Xiao Mi's eyes sparkled, "Are there many eggs in your store?"

Lu Lin nodded, "There are about eight hundred eggs left, we have eaten more than a hundred eggs already."

'What? We have eaten over one hundred eggs since we got married, so that's like five eggs per day! Even the wealthy people aren't this luxurious!' Chen Xiao Mi screamed in his heart.

"You are not the Lu Lin we know, right?" Chen Xiao Mi had inquired about Lu Lin's reputation before they got married, he had even visited Lu Lin on the sly, the Lu Lin he had seen was a quiet, shy and reserved man. But the Lu Lin who married him was nothing like what he had seen before.

Chen Xiao Mi became more and more suspicious as they got along, the glass marble, the kang, and now a store full of food!

Lu Lin nodded, "You are right."

"What store are you talking about? Is the glass marble from the store?"

"Yes, the store belongs to a different time and space."

Hearing that, Chen Xiao Mi heaved a sigh, he was glad that the glass marbles weren't stolen.

"How about the kang?"

"I've read it on the book," Lu Lin then quickly added, "On the book from a different time and space though."

"You are an educated man?"

Lu Lin nodded, "I've persevered ten years in my studies."

'I'm not lying, kindergarten, primary school, middle school, high school and college, that's actually more than ten years.'

"Did you attend the imperial examination?" Chen Xiao Mi was so curious.

"How do I put this, we don't have imperial examination any more, but we do have civil service examination, and I didn't pass that exam. It's hard, and I don't have the right network." Lu Lin explained.

'He didn't pass the exam, but at least he is honest about it, and wow, he is an educated man!' Chen Xiao Mi found that very impressive.