Chapter 119

Chapter 119: I'm Not Here to Make Money

In the county yamen.

Ji Yun An sat at the table, sipping the tofu fish soup, and a touch of surprise flashed across his eyes.

The taste of the tofu fish soup was very fresh. He didn't expect tofu and fish would complement each other so great.

Ji Yun An looked at Lu Lin and exclaimed in his heart that what a great cook this new county magistrate was, he was sure Lu Lin could make a living on opening a restaurant if Lu Lin happened to lose this job.

Ji Yun An would eat something novel yet delicious on a daily basis since he was caught by Xiao Mai.

Ji Yun An was born in the capital city, both his parents were from influential and privileged families. Being an upper-class child, he never had to worry about food or anything, but never had he expected that normal ingredients could make such great meals!

Yuan Bao and Chen Xiao Mai were nibbling on pig's feet this day, savoring every mouthful.

Ji Yun An looked at Yuan Bao and Chen Xiao Mai with a strange expression.

In wealthy and influential families, it was the custom that women and Bios shouldn't join men by the dining table. However, no one seemed to follow that rule in the county yamen. Not only could Bios join the men for dinner, but Chen Xiao Mai and Yuan Bao had the worst table manners, they would make funny noises when they were eating.

Looking at the smile of the county, Ji Yun An was shocked to the core, he felt that Lu Lin was not bothered by such a situation, he even felt Lu Lin was happy to see the kids gorging themselves.

"Mai, how do you enjoy your pig's feet?"

Chen Xiao Mai nodded and said, "It's so delicious."

Lu Lin nodded and said, "There's more in the pot. This pig's feet is one of the best nourishing foods, it helps people to maintain beauty and keep young."

Chen Xiao Mai was very convinced of Lu Lin, he nodded solemnly and was determined to eat more.

Ji Yun An glanced at Lu Lin and thought in his heart, 'This county magistrate seems to have a glib tongue. Many officials and dignitaries disliked and avoided pig's feet, they all thought those were dirty. But this county magistrate keeps on showering praise on them, I don't buy a word!'

Lu Lin glanced at Ji Yun An who showed a skeptical expression and thought chances were this guy wasn't convinced. Lu Lin thought to himself, 'Tut tut tut, poor child has never heard of collagen, pig's feet are rich in collagen and they are anti-aging.)

......

Lu Lin was sitting in the county yamen this day and he was in a good mood.

Although Sha County had scarce resources and he didn't make much money as before, he was an official now, so he didn't have to exercise undue caution in carrying out his plans.

Chen Xiao Cai who was sitting by Lu Lin while using an abacus raised his head and said, "Lin Ge, the military camp wants to sign a long-term contract with us, they want to buy tofu from us on a regular basis."

Lu Lin nodded and said, "This is a good thing."

Chen Xiao Cai hesitated for a moment and said, "I agree, my only concern is we will be short of men."

They were used to produce and market all by themselves for they had a pretty estimation about the market demand.

Lu Lin nodded, "That's no big deal, let's hire more people. And we can use a mule to grind the mill now that we are done punishing Ji Yun An."