Chapter 79

Chapter 79: Stuffed Animals

Lu Lin gently tappe the table with his fingers and said, "Next, we can store a batch of winter gloves and sell them when a cold wave hit."

However, they already sold gloves last year. The sales volume might be limited this year, so they could consider selling something else.

"How about the scarf business you mentioned?" asked Chen Xiao Mi.

"That's an idea." There were people who couldn't even afford clothes in this time and space. This scarf business might be a little extra, but there were rich people who spent money like water.

Chen Xiao Mi glanced at Lu Lin and said, "How much saving do we have now?"

"There are about three hundred taels," Lu Lin said.

Chen Xiao Mi nodded, "Quite a lot!"

Lu Lin nodded and said, "That's right, we are doing pretty well. And I think this year will be a bumper harvest year, price of grains will be cheap. We can store a batch of food."

Chen Xiao Mi nodded and said, "This sounds good."

Chen Xiao Mi was considering maybe they could go the mountain and dig a few caves to store a batch of food in case of a lean year or some natural calamities. With Lu Lin's convenience store of, it shouldn't be difficult to transport a batch of food to the hidden caves in the mountain. The price of food in lean years would increase by several times.

Chen Xiao Mi made a sigh and said, "Autumn is coming! The animals in this time are chunky, they need some fat to pass winter."

Lu Lin got so alerted, "Chen Xiao Mi, are you thinking about going hunting now? Look at your belly, I'm telling you right now, that's a big no! Stop being so nostalgic, what if you meet a bear in the mountain?"

Chen Xiao Mi said guiltily, "I didn't say I want to go hunting right now. Speaking of bear, the bears in your hometown look so adorable!"

"Bears in my hometown?"

Chen Xiao Mi took out a keychain ornament that Lu Lin gave him and said, "I'm talking about this, see, how cute!"

Lu Lin had a look at the 'bear', it was a cartoon keychain ornament, a mini stuffed bear.

......

Lu Lin smiled and fiddled the ornament in his hand, "Ah! You are talking about this, hmm, shall we make some and sell in our store? We can even make big ones, so the kids can cuddle them."

Chen Xiao Mi thought about it and said, "It's a really good idea."

There were few toys on the market for children here. And rich people in town who doted on their children and grandchildren were more than willing to pay a ridiculous amount of money to buy dolls for them.

Lu Lin threw himself into the preparation as soon as he made up his mind.

They had enough fabric in stock.

Filling the dolls required a large amount of cotton. Lu Lin bought some quilts from the market, he decided to use the quilt cotton to stuff the dolls.

The eyes of the dolls were more important. Lu Lin ordered a batch of wooden beads, he planned to dye those beads with ink once he got them.

Granny Shen and Wan Li's wife Yun Niang were asked by Lu Lin to make the first samples of the dolls.

Granny Shen and Yun Niang had no concept of dolls, neither of them had heard such a thing before. Their first samples looked a little strange to be honest. However, Mai who had never seen such a thing before fell in love with them immediately, he grabbed one and fondled it admiringly, he kept asking Lu Lin whether he could cuddle this doll when he went to bed.