Chapter 158

Chapter 158: The Transfer Order

Lu Lin had stayed in Sha County for two more years. Under the management of Lu Lin, Sha County was thriving. Centering around Chen Xiao Cai's commercial street, there were row upon row of newly built stores. The economy had grown with leaps and bounds compared to when Lu Lin first took over.

At this moment, Lu Lin received the transfer order.

Chen Xiao Mi looked at the transfer order and pouted, "How come I feel this is so unfair!"

Chen Xiao Mi thought to himself, 'This Sha County was originally a poor and backward county, and so many villagers were moving out because it bordered on the Liao Dynasty. Lu Lin had enforced a lot of new policies in the past few years to attract businessmen and villagers to move back to Sha County and it worked. Plus Liao Dynasty and the government had finished the peace talks already, of course Sha County would become as popular as a hot cake.'

Lu Lin didn't seem to be too upset, "It's good to have the opportunity to have a look at different places. And I think this is a good timing, Sha County has enjoyed tax exemption for many years, and I think the government is about to levy tax soon. I don't want to be the one who informs the people and let the people to hate on us."

In the past few years, Sha County had been very different, it was no longer a poor county.

Lu Lin had been in Sha County for many years, and the public had a good impression of him. If he suddenly mentioned collecting taxes, the people might have the wrong idea of him.

For Lu Lin, he was more than happy to receive the transfer order and have a look at other places.

"Moreover, although the government has sent out a princess to betroth with the new emperor in Liao Dynasty, but who knows what the Liao people are up to?"

Chen Xiao Mi nodded and said, "You're right! The Liaos have unilaterally tore up agreements before, I won't be surprised if they do it again."

"It's a good thing to be able to leave this place, we have saved a lot in the past few years, we can lead a comfortable life no matter where we are heading to, I just hope General Ji can take care of himself."

Chen Xiao Mi nodded and said, "You're right."

Chen Xiao Mi sighed. Although he knew what Lu Lin said made sense, Chen Xiao Mi still felt a little indignant and regretful.

Chen Xiao Mi already had developed feelings for Sha County, he loved the people here.

"What about Cai?" Chen Xiao Mi asked worriedly.

Chen Xiao Cai had a business empire in this place now, it was unfair to ask him to ditch everything and leave with them.

But what if Lu Lin's successor found fault with Cai after Lu Lin left? People would do anything for profits.

However, it was not going to be easy for Cai to complete the business transaction within such a short period of time.

Lu Lin sighed and said, "Cai is no longer a child. He has his own considerations, and we should respect his opinion." Lu Lin thought to himself, 'Cai is a mature tycoon now, he doesn't need me anymore, I support his decisions either way.'

Chen Xiao Mi thought for a moment and said, "I'll talk to him right now."

To Chen Xiao Mi's surprise, Chen Xiao Cai promptly said he would follow his Big Brother and Lin Ge wherever they went.

"Big Brother, I don't need time to think about it. Let's go. I'll follow wherever you and Lin Ge go," Chen Xiao Cai said.

Chen Xiao Mi was a little surprised, "Are you willing to part with your business empire?"