Chapter 100

Chapter 100: Relaunching Collecting Wild Berries Business

Lu Lin took Chen Xiao Mai, Qin Ming, and Zhang Rui to the village together. As soon as Lu Lin arrived, several villagers greeted Lu Lin.

Although many people in the village had been gossiping that Chen Xiao Mi and Lu Lin had been embezzling the turnover in the store, they were still very polite when they met him in person. After all, in the eyes of the villagers, Lu Lin was a capable person. Many people in the village had to rely on Lu Lin to make money, so naturally, it was not good to offend him.

Lu Lin announced that he was here to buy wild berries.

He wanted to find a few kids to pick up wild berries for him like last year, provoking an uproar from the villagers.

Zhang Rui looked at Lu Lin and asked in confusion, "Lin Ge, why are we collecting so many wild berries? It won't be long before they all get rotten."

It was already quite hot. People would get the runs after having unfresh berries, and it would cost money to send for the doctors.

Lu Lin smiled and said, "Don't worry, Rui, I will sell them for money."

Zhang Rui said sullenly, "This thing isn't easy to sell!"

Lu Lin said with a meaningful smile, "You just do it and leave the rest to me."

Lu Lin asked Xiao Cai to call for quite a few kids in the village to do this last year, but many adults joined the kids in the end. Lu Lin borrowed several big baskets in the village this year in case adults decided to join the kids again.

As soon as Chen Xiao Mai returned to the village, he started to frisk in the fields with the bigger kids in the village.

Lu Lin asked Qin Ming to keep an eye on Chen Xiao Mai in case the kids went too crazy. Qin Ming grew up in the mountains, he just loved running around, so he took this task with alacrity.

......

Zhang Mei Zi looked at Zhang Da Hu and said, "Big Brother, you are amazing. Lu Lin really is back now!"

Zhang Da Hu said smugly, "Of course. Look at your brother, is there anything I cannot do?" Zhang Da Hu was too embarrassed to say that he didn't even see Lu Lin when he went to town. He only got to see Chen Xiao Mai, Lu Lin was too busy to see him. Fortunately, Chen Xiao Mai managed to convince Lu Lin to come back, otherwise Zhang Da Hu would be embarrassed this time.

The kids in the village earned some pocket money from working for Lu Lin last year. Especially Zhang Da Hu, his parents had even praised him.

However, they didn't have a chance to earn pocket money since Lu Lin and his family moved to town.

Zhang Da Hu was so worried that the wild berries in the mountains would end up rotting in the field, so were the other kids. They came to Zhang Da Hu's house and asked him whether he had talked to Lu Lin and whether Lu Lin would collet wild berries this year.

Lu Lin was now a "big shot" in town, he seldom came back to the village, so no one had the chance to ask him yet. Zhang Da Hu who was the group leader volunteered to go to town and talk to Lu Lin.

The other kids were impressed by their group leader's courage.

And now Lu Lin was really back Zhang Da Hu was held in higher esteem by the other kids.

"Big Brother, many adults are here this time," Zhang Mei Zi said.

Zhang Da Hu said sullenly, "Yeah! These adults are really annoying, this is supposed to be our job, how can we pick as many as them adults?"