Chapter 77

Chapter 77: Lu An Gets Fired

After a few days, Shen Chi and Granny Shen returned to the town.

Lu Lin and Chen Xiao Cai sat opposite each other while Lu Lin looked at Chen Xiao Cai and asked, "So what do you think, Cai?"

"I'll take Shen Chi to Willow Town," said Chen Xiao Cai without hesitation.

A while ago, Chen Xiao Cai came back from Willow Town because there were rumors of him being sold. But he was annoyed by the nosy aunts who visited the shop from Big Stone Village.

Chen Xiao Cai felt that it was fine to be swamped by work. But he didn't have the energy to social with the acquaintances from the village. The acquaintances in the village were simply too annoying.

It was hard to say anything harsh to them. They would just put on airs and give Cai lectures once Cai shows traces of impatience.

Lu Lin nodded and said, "Alright."

The nosy aunties from the village were becoming a serious issue now.

Many people in the village had proposed marriages to Chen Xiao Cai before, and some of them couldn't help feeling sour after Cai and Shen Chi got engaged. Therefore, Chen Xiao Cai decided to go back to Willow Town to avoid the harassment.

Chen Xiao Cai didn't bring Shen Chi last time he went to Willow Town because it was inappropriate. However, it didn't matter now that the two of them were already engaged. Shen Chi also knew how to use an abacus and make accounts. With Shen Chi's help, Cai could learn to relax a bit.

Shen Chi was also very willing to go to Willow Town. Shen Chi had heard a lot of things about Willow Town from Chen Xiao Cai.

Shen Chi was quite worried when Chen Xiao Cai went to Willow Town alone last time.

Lu Lin watched Shen Chi and Chen Xiao Cai getting on the carriage with affection in his eyes. "Uncle Qin, help me take care of them please!"

Qin Yi smiled and said, "Master Lin, don't worry. I will protect them."

As Lu Lin watched Chen Xiao Cai and Shen Chi leave, a sense of pride and accomplishment welled up in his heart.

......

Things were going on so great on Lu Lin's side, while a shocking event happened on the Lu family's side. Lu An lost his job.

"How can your boss do that to you! He cannot just sack you like that! You have worked hard for him for so long without any credit!"

As soon as Lu An lost his job, Grandma Lu felt so indignant that her head spun dizzily as soon as she sat up.

Grandpa Lu didn't say anything, he just kept puffing away on his pipe with a worrying look on his face.

They had more than 20 mus of farmland, they could support a family, but it was a little difficult to support Lu Cheng Yu who was still going to school.

Both Lin Xiu'er and Li Fang Yue were pregnant now, the family would grow in size soon, it was probably not going to be easy for them now that Lu An had lost a well-paid job.

"Little Four, your boss just dismissed you without an explanation?" Grandpa Lu asked.

Lu An said angrily, "He just wants to fire me so his concubine's brother can take my place. How could he give any explanation?"

Grandpa Lu frowned and said, "If that is the case, I will go and talk to him."

Grandma Lu said excitedly, "Yes, we have to talk about it. We can't just let it go. He married a concubine and dismissed our son. It's too unreasonable."