Chapter 81

Chapter 81: Booming Doll Business

Chen Xiao Cai and Shen Chi were calculating the accounts. Shen Chi looked at the number on the account book and he couldn't help but have a moment of panic.

Shen Chi, a young child who had never seen much of the world, was dazed by the number on the account book.

Shen Chi knew that the things in the store were expensive and had high profits, but he didn't know exactly how high it was.

Chen Xiao Cai was also a little shocked, but Chen Xiao Cai had more experience in managing the store than Shen Chi and he handled it better than Shen Chi.

There came the sound of footsteps from the hallway. Chen Xiao Cai looked up and saw Qin Yi walking in.

"Uncle Qin, thank you for your hard work today. If you didn't help maintain order, I'm afraid I'd make a few mistakes," Chen Xiao Cai was so grateful.

Qin Yi smiled and said, "That's the least I can do, Cai. And just by the way, I saw the owner of the fake store in our store today."

The fake shop Qin Yi mentioned was Xia Haisheng who had imitated their name and kicked them out from their rental shop. In fact, there were a lot of stores copied the things in Sino Commercial House. However, Xia Haisheng was the only one who did it in such a flagrant way.

Chen Xiao Cai looked at Qin Yi in surprise, "The owner of the fake store? Did he come to buy dolls?"

There were too many guests in this shop during the day. Chen Xiao Cai was swamped with work and he didn't pay attention to anything else.

Qin Yi shook his head, "I didn't see him buying anything. He just browsed all the dolls."

Chen Xiao Cai frowned and said, "This bastard must be harboring evil designs."

Shen Chi smiled and said, "Most likely he wants to steal ideas from us again." The fake store mainly sold bags and fans. It was autumn already of course they wouldn't make many sales on the fans. There were already many stores selling schoolbags, and the quality of Xia Haisheng's fake bags was not that great, so his profit should not be much.

"This doll business shouldn't be easy to copy," Qin Yi said.

Chen Xiao Cai nodded and said, "Yeah! Even if they want to copy, it would take a lot of time. And we will make a lot of sales during this period of time."

Xia Haisheng returned from Chen Xiao Cai's shop and he hid in his store, sulking.

Xia Haisheng was the son of a concubine. He had been outshined by his older brother, the legitimate son, since he was a child. He had been losing money in all of his businesses. As time went by, his family started to lose faith in him, they said that he had no talent and skills for business.

The thing Xia Haisheng hated the most was that he was not as great as his older brother. Even though his father loved him, he knew his father felt that he was a good-for-nothing as well.

Xia Haisheng had always wanted to show his old man that he had got it, but... he had not done one thing successfully.

Lu Lin's Sino Commercial House branch in Willow Town had attracted quite a lot of attention since day one. Xia Haisheng took a great interested in the store, he opened a similar store and set the price lower, hoping to make good money. However, the reality was not as beautiful as Xia Haisheng thought.

The store had its moment when it first opened, but they didn't make much because the prices of the items were low. Later on, the fans in the shop became unsellable due to the weather. He had too many stocks in the warehouse. The rent of the store was not cheap, he just didn't end up making much money.