Chapter 120

Chapter 120: County Magistrate of Forest Town Getting Punished

Lu Lin had a good time in Sha County, but he didn't know that county magistrate of Forest Town was dismissed from his post.

The county magistrate of Forest Town went too far on cooking up some schemes against the wealthy merchants in Forest Town because he was about to retire, he just wanted to seize the last opportunity to make a fast buck.

Chen Xiao Mai mentioned this matter casually to Ji Yun An before, and Ji Yun An secretly told Ji Cheng Kang who was devoted to maintaining fairness and justice in official circles. He wrote a letter to his friends in the capital city regarding this matter.

The Ji Family was one of the most influential and privileged families, Ji Cheng Kang associated with a few officials in the Imperial College.

Ji Cheng Kang's friends weren't exactly the Prime Minister, but it was not hard for them to probe deeply into a seventh-ranking county magistrate.

It didn't take much effort for them to find out how the county magistrate of Forest Town took corruption through misuse of law. As a result, the county magistrate along with the Secretary-General were both dismissed from their posts and convicted.

The news provoked an uproar in Forest Town. The people were confused and curious while the merchants who were once blackmailed all clapped and cheered.

As a matter of fact, the people didn't care that much because officials were out of reach, they were just confused and curious more than anything. However, the news affected the Lus greatly.

After the county magistrate was sent to jail, the Secretary-General was also sent to jail as an accomplice.

The Secretary-General's offense was not as serious as the county magistrate's. His family was not implicated into this, but his property was confiscated and the family was kicked out.

Li Ru, one of the Secretary-General's concubines, led a comfortable life. Especially during the past few months, the county magistrate would give a small portion of the illicit money to the Secretary-General. Li Ru had been dreaming about a better future when her husband was thrown into prison.

'Husband and wife are like birds in the woods, when trouble comes, they flee separately.' Li Ru and the other concubines had to live on their own after the Secretary-General's residence was confiscate. Two of Secretary-General's concubines worked in brothels before, they had to go back to prostitution after they were kicked out from the Secretary-General's residence.

......

The people in Big Stone Village knew that Lu Cheng Yu and Secretary-General were brothers-in-law. They couldn't help inquiring this matter with Lu Cheng Yu.

Lu Cheng Yu was annoyed by the questions and decided not to go out.

Tang looked at Lu Cheng Yu and said, "Cheng Yu! What happened to the Secretary-General?"

Lu Cheng Yu said unhappily, "He and the county magistrate were too greedy."

Lu Cheng Yu thought to himself, "The county magistrate framed quite a few plots against the big merchants in town recently, probably he went too far and some victim had reported him.'

"The heaven is high and the emperor is far away, I heard it's because His Lordship has offended someone and this is retaliation!" " Tang said.

Lu Cheng Yu said coldly, "He is not some lordship now. He is nothing but a prisoner."

Tang snorted and said, "They are both too greedy, but Cheng Yu, have you thought about what you are going to do in the future now that it's impossible for us to count on the Secretary-General?"