Chapter 55

Chapter 55: Betrothal Presents and Dowry

Lu Lin and Chen Xiao Mi had a few visitors when Lu Cheng Yu's wedding ceremony was in full swing.

Qin Yi was fully recovered now, he hunted a stag and brought it with him as a thank you gift for the couple. The couple felt bad for taking this present, they declined several times but to no avail, Qin Yi and his kids insisted them taking the stag.

Lu Lin finally agreed, but he insisted that Qin Yi and his kids should stay for dinner. Qin Yi felt a bit shy, but he agreed to stay in the end.

Lu Lin cooked three courses and some soup, Stewed Chicken with Dried Bamboo Shoots, Braised Fish in Brown Sauce, Scrambled Eggs with Tomato, Pork Bone Broth and some veggies as side dish.

The Qins lived in deep mountain, they had not had a feast like this before. They hadn't had a proper meal since Qin Yi's wife passed away. The two boys tried to take small bites and act civil in the beginning, but soon they started to devour the dishes.

Qin Yi kept shotting warning looks at his kid but to no avail. Qin Lang and Qin Ming just couldn't help themselves.

Qin Yi shook his head, he gave up, he knew he couldn't blame his kids. Lu Lin was such a great chef, soon Qin Yi gave up on his table manners as well.

Both Chen Xiao Cai and Chen Xiao Mai were glad that they had guests, they hadn't had any guest for so long.

"Mi, I'm so happy for you, I cannot believe a young hunter like you now has a such big household!" Qin Yi said with emotion and admiration in the tone.

Qin Yi wished he could buy a house and settle down in the village as well, but he didn't have any money. Qin Yi knew Chen Xiao Mi when Chen Xiao Mi first started hunting, Qin Yi felt sorry for such a young Bio who had to risk his life in the deep mountains so he helped Chen Xiao Mi several times, but life was so unpredictable, now not only had Chen Xiao Mi survived, but he was leading such an affluent life.

Chen Xiao Mi scratched his head and said modestly, "I just... I just have some good luck."

Chen Xiao Mi was very respectful to Qin Yi who was a senior hunter, he always acted humble in senior hunters' presence.

Qin Yi finished his rice in the bowl, Chen Xiao Mi served him another bowl.

"Thank you so much, Mi. This is such a feast!"

Chen Xiao Mi smiled, "Lu Lin is a great cook."

Qin Lang Qin Ming and Chen Xiao Cai Chen Xiao Mai became fast friends, they kept talking and laughing after dinner.

Qin Yi looked at the moon and estimated the time, it was time to say goodbye. Qin Lang and Qin Ming felt reluctant to part with their new friends and such a nice household.

Lu Lin gave Qin Lang and Qin Ming a bag of pancakes as a gift, the kids gazed at Qin Yi like two puppies, Qin Yi felt bad to take more gift from Lu Lin and Chen Xiao Mi, but he didn't have the heart to upset his kids, so he told his boys to say thank you to Lu Lin and Chen Xiao Mi.

Qin Lang held the bag like it were a bag of treasure on the way home. As a matter of fact, he wanted to sell that stag for money and give Lu Lin something else as a thank you gift. But now he was glad he listened to his father, Lu Lin and Chen Xiao Mi had beautiful souls and they deserved the best.

"Father, that was the best food I have ever had! When can we visit them and have dinner at theirs again?" Qin Ming smacked his lips.

Qin Yi put on an angry face, "Is that all you want to do? Have dinner at Chen Xiao Mi's?"