Chapter 127

Chapter 127: Malatang Sweeping the County

Several soldiers returned to the camp, beaming with smiles.

"Lei Zheng," Liu Yun shouted fiercely.

Lei Zheng's heart jolted when he heard that.

Then he put on a flattering smile and walked closer to Liu Yun, he bowed to Liu Yun, "Mr. Liu, how can I help you?"

"Don't give me such a cheeky grin. It's your turn to be on duty today. Where did you go?" Liu Yun asked with a darkened face.

Lei Ming scratched his head and said awkwardly, "I've changed shifts with someone."

"Oh? With whom? "

"Zhang Lin."

Liu Yun's face darkened and he said, "Is that so? Coincidentally, a few people have told me they have changed shifts with him, can you give me an explanation? You're a veteran, but he is a rookie, apparently stealing wine from a newcomer is not enough, you have to bully him like this? You should be ashamed!"

Lei Zheng scratched his head again, "Mr. Liu, I'll return him some wine."

Zhang Lin thought he had done a good job hiding the wine, but he was no match for the veterans. Lei Zheng was an old Fox! There was nothing in the dormitory that could be hidden from him.

Lei Zheng knew how great the wine was and he couldn't resist the temptation, so he had stolen Zhang Lin's, he had been feeling sorry and he planned to buy Zhang Lin some wine after he got paid. To his surprise, Liu Yun found this out before he could carry out his plan.

"Where have you guys been?" Liu Yun demanded.

Lei Zheng took a step forward, "Mr. Liu, Chen Xiao Cai, the brother-in-law of Magistrate Lu opened a malatang restaurant, we just went there. I highly recommend you and General Ji to pay a visit there, it is so great!"

Liu Yun said with a stern face, "Is that why you have changed shifts with Zhang Lin? To eat something new? Zero tolerance if it happened again!"

Lei Zheng kept nodding, "Mr. Liu, don't be angry!" I'll go on patrol right now."

Lei Zheng walked back to Liu Yun after he had walked a long distance, "Mr. Liu, that malatang really tastes great! You and General Ji should go."

Liu Yun glared at Lei Zheng, and Lei Zheng fled knowingly.

Lei Zheng smiled dryly and said, "All right, all right, I know what you are about to say, I will get lost right now."

Liu Yun looked at Lei Zheng's retiring figure and shook his head helplessly.

Ji Cheng Kang came out and said, "Looks like Lu Lin and Chen Xiao Cai's new spicy hotpot restaurant is really good!"

Liu Yun frowned and said, "I've only heard good things about them, look at our soldiers, they sure are charmed."

Ji Cheng Kang felt very much indebted to Lu Lin since Lu Lin shared a few recipes with the cooking team in the military camp, but he was a bit worried about some soldiers neglecting their duties to go to Lu Lin's restaurant!

......

In the county yamen.

Chen Xiao Mai poured out a bag of coppers, then he and and Yuan Bao started counting coins.

Chen Xiao Mai had done a great job helping out in the restaurant this day, Xiao Cai rewarded him with 200 cents for his hard work.

Because Chen Xiao Mai was a special kid, Lu Lin was worried that Chen Xiao Mai would be deceived by others if they gave him money. So Xiao Mai had never had money, so he was so thrilled when Xiao Cai gave him 200 cents.