Chapter 33

Chapter 33: Street Vendors Xiao Cai and Xiao Mai

Lu Lin and the Chen Brothers arrived at the fair early to snatch a good stall.

The vendors usually needed to pay for a stall, but this Winter Fair was an exception, 'first come, first served'.

The streets were beginning to hum with life as Lu Lin and the Chens organized the stall, other vendors had arrived one after another, there were lamp vendors, snack vendors, kitchenware vendors, fabric vendors... ... everything that one could wish for.

Lu Lin set up three sections of gloves on the stall, the section on the left was three hundred cents, on the right was five hundred, in the middle was two taels.

"What? Two taels?" Chen Xiao Cai asked in surprise.

Lu Lin nodded.

Chen Xiao Cai's eyes were wide open as he saw Lu Lin nodding, "You can buy five hundred kilos of sweet potatoes with two taels of silver, I think three hundred is pricy enough, let alone two taels!"

"This is made of fox skin, do you know how rare it is?" Lu Lin explained patiently.

Fox-fur robes were popular among the prominent officials and eminent personages in town, it was a shame that the fox that Chen Xiao Mi had captured was injured in the trap, the skin was not in best condition. Therefore, Lu Lin had to compromise and he asked Granny Shen to make a few gloves with it.

"Cai, Mai, we are counting on you kids to attract customers. Hawk our gloves! I will buy you honey cakes if you kids do a good job." Coaxed Lu Lin.

Lu Lin was a bit shy when he saw so many people walking past, so he figured he better bride the kids and let them do the hawking.

Chen Xiao Cai saw Lu Lin right through, he despised Lu Lin's behavior, and he thought Lu Lin a bit calculating.

But Chen Xiao Mai smacked his lips and asked in excitement, "Honey cakes, really?"

Lu Lin nodded and replied in earnest, "Yes, honey cakes, as many as you want."

Chen Xiao Mai bit his finger and thought for a little while, then he shouted at the top of his lungs, "Gloves, check out these amazing fur gloves!"

Chen Xiao Cai pressed his forehead on seeing Chen Xiao Mai exerting himself to the utmost.

'My baby brother is so gullible! I can't believe he is hawking in front of so many people, just for a piece of honey cake!'

Chen Xiao Mai kept gazing at Chen Xiao Cai, asking for help. Chen Xiao Cai shook his head and joined his little brother to boost his morale.

Chen Xiao Mai wore a new winter jacket with a hood that ha got tiger embroidery on it, his cheeks looked rosy thanks to Lu Lin's attentive care, and his voice was in such a pleasant high-pitch. Soon a lot of customers had gathered around their stall. However, most customers would turn away immediately because the price was too high.

Seeing that, Chen Xiao Cai got a bit anxious, he looked at Lu Lin and suggested dropping the price.

Lu Lin shook his head and said, "Nah, I reckon this is a perfect pricing."

'People will start to copy our styles, gloves will be all over the market within days! No way can we sell them for a good price by then. We need to have faith, Law of Value, kiddo, our target groups are young masters in wealthy families.' Thought Lu Lin.

Chen Xiao Cai looked at Chen Xiao Mi for help, but Chen Xiao Mi said without hesitation, "Listen to Lu Lin."

Chen Xiao Cai lowered his head, he was surprised to hear that, it looked like his big brother listened to Lu Lin more and more. He knew Bios were supposed to listen to the husbands, but he always thought his big brother was different.