Chapter 97

Chapter 97: Chen Jing is Forced to do Farm Work

In Lu family.

Lu An suddenly said at the dining table, "Mother, I saw Chen Jing in the field. The Chen family probably won't support Chen Jing's study anymore."

Grandma Lu heard Lu An's words and said, "I'm not surprised! Chen Jing had caused such a huge disaster this time. The Chen family had sold five mus of farmland for him. They probably don't have any money left."

The Chen family originally had 20 mus of land, now they only had 15 mus, their income would be greatly affected.

Lu An nodded, "So true!"

Lu Cheng Yu glanced at Lu An and vaguely felt that Lu An mentioned Chen Jing's matter to warn him, he was actually saying they should stop supporting him to save some money as well.

Lu Cheng Yu felt that he was different from Chen Jing. Chen Jing was ignorant and incompetent while all he needed was some luck.

Lu Cheng Yu's face darkened, and his heart became more prejudiced against Lu An. During this period of time, there had been constant conflicts between him and Lu An.

"Chen Xiao Mi must have embezzled the money in the store. Otherwise, how could he possibly take out thirty taels of silver at once?" Grandma Lu said sullenly.

When Lu An heard this, his eyes narrowed. In Sino Commercial House, there should be hundreds of silvers turnover every month. The Big Boss was nowhere to be seen, so it was not hard to embezzle some money. "I'm thinking the same thing. He can easily embezzle a few dozen taels in a month."

Grandma Lu looked at Lu An with disbelief and said, "Is that so? A few dozen taels in a month? He should have about two hundred taels in a year! They are so rich!"

Grandma Lu thought to herself, 'Lu Lin is useless! How can he let Chen Xiao Mi give Chen Jing 30 taels of silver! Lu Lin should have stopped Chen Xiao Mi from doing so.'

......

Not long after the Spring Imperial Examination Test, Lu Tong returned to the Lu family.

"Why are you back again?" Lu Tong always went home empty-handed, and Tang was a little impatient.

"Mom, I'm your daughter after all! How can you dislike me so much," Lu Tong said unhappily.

Tang asked sullenly, "Did you argue with your husband again?"

Lu Tong nodded and said, "Yes."

During this period of time, everyone was busy with sowing seeds in the field, so Lu Tong's mother-in-law asked her to do some farm work. When Lu Tong was at Lu Family, she rarely did any house chores, let alone farm work. Her mother-in-law had even asked her to fertilize the land.

Tang used to be nice to Lu Tong because Lu Tong knew Li Fang Yue's sister was just a concubine. But now it was no longer a secret, Tang just couldn't be bothered to be nice to her daughter any more. As a matter of fact, Tang had some resentment towards Lu Tong.

"Tong! Why are you always arguing with your husband and mother-in-law? You're already married, you have to respect your mother-in-law and your husband, you also need to assist your husband in teaching his son" Tang said.

Lu Tong pouted and said, "His son is so spoiled, I have no interest in teaching him."

Tang sighed and said, "If you don't like him, you can have your own baby."

Lu Tong's face darkened as she heard that. The boy at home said that he was afraid of darkness and always slept with her husband. Lu Tong was sleeping alone most days. However, this was a private matter. Lu Tong felt hesitant to tell her mother. She felt even if she did, her mother would only scold her.