Chapter 52

Chapter 52: Mountain People

In Chen Xiao Mi's house.

Chen Xiao Cai munched on his food while talking to Chen Xiao Mi, "Lin Gege, I heard Grandpa Lu is planning to sell farmland, 2 mu."

"Sell farmland? I guess Grandpa Lu is willing to do anything for Lu Cheng Yu, the future scholar and official!" Lu Lin's voice dripped sarcasm.

"Sell farmland?" Chen Xiao Mi was surprised to hear that, his eyeballs kept rolling around and he was lost in thought.

Lu Lin guessed Chen Xiao Mi was thinking about buying farmland from the Lus.

Lu Lin had also thought about buying farmland, but he had zero interest in buying farmland from the Lus. He didn't want to get entangled in the Lus' drama.

"How much are the Lus spending on Lu Cheng Yu's wedding ceremony?" Chen Xiao Mi asked, he didn't understand why the Lus were reduced to selling farmland for money.

Lu Lin thought for a while and said, "I'm afraid it's at least 40 or even 50 taels, otherwise they wouldn't plan to sell farmland for money."

Chen Xiao Cai raised his head in astonishment, "40 or even 50 taels?"

That was a large number for Chen Xiao Cai who grew up in poverty and was kept in dark about the fact that they had made a fortune already.

Lu Lin smiled and said, "I'm afraid so, it looks like the Lus has a strong economic foundation after all."

Chen Xiao Mi lied prone to the kang and said, "Grandma Lu and Grandpa Lu really dote on this grandson."

"So true." Lu Lin sighed and nodded his head. He felt so sorry for the host Lu Lin, he wasn't heartbroken or anything knowing Grandma Lu and Grandpa Lu were willing to spend so much money for Lu Cheng Yu yet they refused to even pay 'single tax' for him. But he couldn't imagine how the host Lu Lin was going to feel if he knew about this. He and his parents had worked so hard for the big family, but he was sold by them for money.

Grandpa Lu would rather send the host Lu Lin's father to the army and risk his life on the battlefield than sell any farmland. But now he was willing to sell 2 mu of farmland for Lu Cheng Yu's wedding ceremony.

Lu Lin shook his head, he decided to not torture himself with those thoughts, he was Lu Lin from modern society who had nothing to do with the Lus.

The Lus had been preparing for Lu Cheng Yu's wedding ceremony with great fanfare while Lu Lin and Chen Xiao Mi had been going into the mountains.

Lu Lin would just look around and go for his fruit trees hunting adventures while Chen Xiao Mi was busy setting up traps.

Most fruits on the trees were bitter and sour, but Lu Lin was lucky enough that he had found some edible ones.

Chen Xiao Mi suddenly frowned, "Lin, I heard something, we are not alone!"

Lu Lin looked around, "Are you sure?"

Chen Xiao Mi nodded, "I've definitely heard some footsteps, but how strange, I don't see a soul either."

"Maybe some other hunters from the village are here too."

Chen Xiao Mi shook his head, "I don't think that's the case, other hunters usually wouldn't venture this deep into the mountain. And look, these footprints are very fresh!"

Lu Lin and Chen Xiao Mi walked around to look for more information, and suddenly they heard someone crying.

Lu Lin frowned, he was a bit horrified on hearing crying deep mountain.