Chapter 74

Chapter 74: What is Said in Fun is Fulfilled in Earnest

In Lu Lin and Chen Xiao Mi's room.

"What are you thinking about?" Chen Xiao Mi asked Lu Lin who was in a daze.

The 'Full-moon Shaped Fan' trend now was not as heated as when it was first launched, other stores in town started to copy them already. Lu Lin had launched folding cloth fans to boost the business and it worked, they had attracted more customers.

Folding cloth fans just functioned as Full-moon Shaped Fans, but many ladies and young masters liked to catch up with the trend, so the fact that they owned more than one Full-moon Shaped Fans didn't stop them from buying more Folding cloth fans.

Many people didn't buy fans to avoid the heat, but to show off.

"I'm just thinking that gossip is scary!" Lu Lin sighed.

After Shen Chi came back from the Big Stone Village, he had been in a bad mood. However, Lu Lin had to deal with many things, so he didn't pay much attention to it.

Chen Xiao Cai found him in a sneaky way the night before, he said that Shen Chi looked so down since he came back from their hometown. Cai said Chi must have encountered something in the village and Cai begged Lu Lin to go back to the village to investigate.

Although Lu Lin was a little busy, he felt that it was rare for Chen Xiao Cai to ask him for help. He should still help, so he went back to the village to check.

When Lu Lin went back to the village, he found out that there were some unpleasant rumors in the village which were spread by people who had proposed marriage to Chen Xiao Cai.

They said now that Lu Lin and Chen Xiao Mi worked in town, so they had high standards for Chen Xiao Cai's future partner and they started to think they were too good to be betrothed to the villagers.

It was also said that Chen Xiao Cai and Shen Chi had something going on already, and that was why Lu Lin had turned them all down.

They slandered Shen Chi so much so that Lu Lin felt so sorry for the poor kid, they said Shen Chi had been seducing Xiao Cai.

Chen Xiao Cai was used to the villagers' unfriendliness since he was born, besides, they lived in town now, so how the villagers talked about him didn't matter to him. However, Shen Chi was different, he was young and innocent. Lu Lin felt that Shen Chi's feeling was hurt.

After all, Shen Chi was still a child. Of course he would feel uncomfortable when the entire village attacked him out of nowhere.

Hearing Lu Lin's explanation, Chen Xiao Mi said discontentedly, "How can they ruin Chi's name like that, hmm, can you imagine how hard it's going to be for Chi to find someone in the future after this farce? "

"Really?" asked Lu Lin.

Chen Xiao Mi nodded, "Of course."

It had always been hard for Bios to find a good husband. Chen Xiao Mi planned to be single his entire life until the government enforced that 'singles' tax' policy.

"The Shen family is a decent family! Granny Shen has some savings for Shen Chi, she has some farmland for him too, it's just Chi has lost his parents already, they don't have a reliable extended family either."

People in this time and space all believed in 'the more family members, the more blessings', even though sometimes more family members meant more drama. But people just loved to be betrothed with someone who had a big family.

"If Shen Chi marries into someone's family, the farmland will become his husband's property after, heaven forbid, Granny Shen passes away. In this time and space, husband is the heaven in the family. If Shen Chi marries someone into his family, I don't think he can find someone reliable."