𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

"ayo yeonjun! come on man, the guys are playing football for gym!" jay yelled to the black haired boy, who was currently sitting on a bench with a scowl on his face.

yeonjun had practically broken down at school yesterday, and he hated himself for it. it would be another reason for more of his friends to leave him, and have something for blackmail.

but he didn't care anymore.

he seemed to be so numb towards the world anymore, that he didn't care who said what.

unless it was beomgyu talking about him.

which he had been doing this morning, bright and early, first class of the day.

"jun! let's go!" rano yelled, running to retrieve the boy who seemed to be zoned out.

"mm, yeah i'm coming, calm down." yeonjun grumbled, forcing himself off of the bench and to the grassy field to join his friend group.

the group of boys tossed the football back and forth between themselves to warm up, and then they split into teams.

it was yeonjun, wooyoung, hyunjin, and rano on one team.

the other team was jay, mingi, chan, and yejun.

yeonjun was now sprinting across the field with the ball tucked tightly under his arm, quickly leaving behind jay. yeonjun's legs brought him closer to his teammates, and the goal, a smile forming on his face.

until he slipped against the wet grass, sending him flying forwards towards the harsh ground. the ball flew from his arms as he flung his hands out, desperately trying to save his body from a worse fall than was needed.

yeonjun's hands skidded against the wet grass and immediately were painted green and stuck with a burn, his body soon following the same fate.

his gym clothes had become slightly damp, as it was still early morning and the sun hadn't fully dried it.

wooyoung sprinted over, immediately kneeling to make sure yeonjun was okay.

yeonjun had scraped his cheek against a stray branch that was of course directly in his path, and was holding his wet hand to the burning skin.

"jun, you're bleeding." wooyoung deadpanned, slightly panicking at the amount of blood that was seeping from such a seemingly small laceration.

"no shit.." yeonjun grumbled, pulling away his hand to see more blood than he had expected. it actually shocked him, and he stared wide eyed at it for a moment before being interrupted by mr min jogging over.

"yeonjun! you okay??" mr min asked, squatting down next to the boy.

yeonjun shrugged, wincing slightly at the movement of his injury.

mr min gently peeled away yeonjun's hand to reveal a cut about an inch long, stretching up the boy's cheekbone.

"come on, we can go to the nurse. who wants to take him?!" mr min called out, alerting the students in the direct vicinity.

"i'll take him." wooyoung said instantly, having never left yeonjun's side.

mr min nodded and helped yeonjun to stand, motioning for wooyoung to come and support him.

"i cut my cheek, not cut off my leg." yeonjun grumbled again, embarrassed to have such a big deal made out of a small cut.

wooyoung didn't say anything and just chuckled, linking their arms together playfully as they began to walk back into the building.

yeonjun still had his hand pressed to his cheek, but blood was seeping between his parted fingers now.

"i don't get why it's such a big deal, i'm fine." yeonjun muttered, nevertheless continuing to walk with wooyoung through the empty halls.