𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

"beomgyu! come down here please, if you can make it. if not i'll come get you." soobin called up the steps, his voice intruding on beomgyu's current tiktok scrolling.

he groaned, not wanting to leave the comfort of his warm bed, but still pulled himself up to a sitting position.

beomgyu rubbed his heavy eyes, forcing himself awake as it was still daytime. he pulled himself to his wobbly feet, steadying himself before he tried to walk this time.

he appeared at the bottom of the steps and saw taehyun with soobin on the couch, looking at something on the tv.

"hyung?" beomgyu called, making his way to the pair as they both turned to face him with a smile.

"hi gyu, come sit." soobin said sweetly, patting the empty space on the couch next to him.

"i'm not in trouble, am i?" beomgyu joked, relaxing into the soft cushions as he noticed taehyun trying to pick a movie.

"ning is coming over shortly, we're having a movie night and you can't say no." soobin smiled cheekily, giving the younger no choice in the matter.

which didn't bother beomgyu one bit, as he enjoyed spending time with the three, and didn't like making the plans on his own.

"i'll get blankets and stuff, tyun you get the snacks!" beomgyu screeched happily, sprinting to a different room despite his aching ribs and head. in fact, he had practically forgotten about them, too focused on his special task at hand.

beomgyu slid across the floor on his socks as he skidded to a halt in front of a closet, trying not to fall in the process.

he yanked out numerous blankets and a couple pillows, slamming the door back shut before taking off through the house once more.

beomgyu re-emerged into the living room looking like a blanket monster, with blankets wrapped around his body and hanging off of his arms. the pillows were tucked under his arms, hidden by the blankets, which made his body look ginormous.

soobin giggled from the couch, waiting for beomgyu to join him once more.

taehyun entered the living room with snacks piled up into his arms, numerous drinks somehow held in his hands.

the two boys saw each other and burst into a fit of random laughter, making their way to sit next to soobin.

once everything had been set out on the table in front of them, beomgyu moved to the right side of the couch, sandwiched between the end of it and taehyun.

taehyun was seated between soobin and beomgyu, which left space for kai next to soobin.

beomgyu giggled at his matchmaking skills, triumph ringing through his head. and although the two were already dating, beomgyu wanted to give them a little bit more of a chance to be around each other, as soobin was somehow always stuck dealing with beomgyu.

a light trio of knocks brought the three boys' attention away from the tv, leaving soobin to immediately yell 'come in!'

hueningkai opened the door sheepishly, a shy smile on his face as he stepped into the house.

"hyuka!!" the three boys cheered simultaneously, all pausing in shock to look at each other.

kai giggled, making his way to sit next to soobin on the couch, placing a cardboard box down on the table in the process.

"i brought pizza, i hope that's okay with everyone." kai smiled, beaming at the boys' reaction.

beomgyu groaned dramatically and flopped onto the floor, pretending as if he was dying.

kai shot him a playful glare, knowing precisely the reason beomgyu was throwing a fit.

"pineapple!! on pizza!! atrocious!!" beomgyu yelled dramatically, clutching his heart as he curled into a ball on the floor. then he went still, theatrically sticking out his tongue and making a 'bleh' noise to show that he had died.

"pineapple on pizza is delicious gyu you're insane." soobin chided, pulling a warm piece of pizza from the box and aggressively biting it.

beomgyu cracked open an eye just to see soobin devouring the wretched pizza, sitting up exasperatedly at the sight.

"soobin! if you do shit like that, you're going to die!" beomgyu screeched, jumping up to take the poison from soobin's gigantic hands.

he failed; soobin had seen it coming before beomgyu even sprung up from the floor.

"sit down and eat the pizza, and thank ning for buying it!" soobin scolded, shooting his boyfriend an appreciative smile.

beomgyu groaned and plopped down onto the couch dramatically, painstakingly grabbing a slice of pizza.

taehyun giggled from beside him and grabbed one as
well, resting his other hand on beomgyu's thigh comfortably; which was perfectly normal for the pair, and cuddling was a must. taehyun had been there for beomgyu for years, as was beomgyu for taehyun, so their relationship was beyond comfy.

the boys all settled into the couch and pulled the blankets over their laps, with soobin and kai sharing, and taehyun and beomgyu sharing.

taehyun instinctively curled against beomgyu, his whole body pressing against beomgyu's side. beomgyu smiled at this, wrapping his arm around taehyun's shoulders to pull the younger closer.

because while taehyun was more muscular and more mature seeming than beomgyu, he loved to be babied by the older, and beomgyu loved to baby him.

"hyung really!? a drama??" taehyun whined, wrapping his arm tight around beomgyu's stomach.

"yes now hush. go to sleep if you don't wanna watch it." soobin retorted, getting comfortable with kai.

beomgyu giggled at taehyun's small pout and ruffled his hair, slinging his leg over taehyun's curled up ones.

and so the quartet watched their drama, happily feeding each other candy and buttery popcorn.

-

when their movie had ended, beomgyu found taehyun had fallen asleep nuzzled into him, smiling at the sight.

soobin and kai were knocked out cuddling each other, leaving beomgyu to be the only one awake.

he refused to move and disturb the absolute babie that snuggled against him, so he pulled out his phone.

his eyes widened at the realization that it was 3am, not realizing the time had passed so quickly. until he thought back on it, and realized that yeonjun had laid in this exact spot earlier in the day.

beomgyu mindlessly clicked on his notes app, letting his thoughts wander endlessly.

in his free time, he had gone back and written down his notes from the song he was working on into his notes, so that he could work on it whenever.

beomgyu's mind soon flowed with emotion, thoughts running through like a rampant train.

so he began to write them down.

we hurt ourselves for fun..
force feed our fear until our hearts go numb
addicted to a lonely kinda love
what i wanna know

is how we got this stressed out, paranoid?
everything is going dark
nothing makes me sadder than my head

beomgyu had successfully found the first verse of his song; and now completed the first half of the song with rewriting the chorus.

im running out of teardrops
let it hurt til it stops
i can't keep my grip
im slipping away from me
oh god, everything is so fucked
but i can't feel a thing
the emptiness is heavier than you think

because to beomgyu, he did seem to be slipping away. no one would ever notice it, though, because he knew how to hide it.