𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝖔𝖓𝖊

wattpad is trying so hard to get me to pay for premium and i refuse, if anything they need to pay me for this premium content 👎

beomgyu was sprawled out in the grass, soaking up the weak sunlight that filtered through the puffy white clouds that dotted across the sky. yeonjun was propped up on his elbows as he observed the area, or so he told the younger.

really, he kept his eyes on beomgyu, his heart swelling at the smile that painted the boy's face. his grin had brought out the dimples in his cheeks, his cheeks reaching his eyes which showed that he was genuinely happy to be there.

"someone's happy." yeonjun remarked, smirking cheekily at beomgyu as he turned to face the older.

"you could say that."

in reality, beomgyu's head was swirling with everything that had happened recently, which did not include xion.

he was thinking of yeonjun.

how the older had sacrificed his own time to come visit beomgyu every day despite the barrier between them, how he tried even after everything they had gone through in the past, how yeonjun seemed so genuinely happy to be around beomgyu. it made his heart swell to feel so cared about, and now that he thought of it, he wouldn't want it to be anyone else.

beomgyu had always just brushed off the fact that he was lonely, because after his failed relationship with xion he pushed dating aside until he could become a better person. of course, this was just xion's abuse in more ways than one, constantly pounding into beomgyu's head how unlovable he was, and how no one else would ever date him.

but now looking at yeonjun, all he could think of was how accepted he felt. he knew they weren't together, or anything of those sorts, but yeonjun still made him feel bubbly inside.

beomgyu didn't know yet that yeonjun felt the same way.

the older boy had found such comfort in beomgyu despite their circumstances, and he was on his mind more than yeonjun wanted to admit. he also didn't want his thoughts to make beomgyu uncomfortable, or his actions towards him.

the pair sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes before yeonjun sparked up an idea, making a move to stand up. beomgyu's eyes landed on the older, following him as he stood up.

yeonjun extended his hand down to where beomgyu was seated and waited for him to take it, a small smile dimpling his cheeks when the younger placed his hand in his own.

"where are we going now?" beomgyu asked, feeling yeonjun clasp their fingers together as they began to walk. yeonjun shrugged, his bottom lip pulled between his teeth as he walked. they were still next to the river, with beomgyu being the closest to the water and yeonjun closest to the woods.

beomgyu glanced down at their hands as they walked in silence, smiling ever so faintly as he began to swing their connected arms back and forth. a slight bounce found his step and his smile grew wider.

"just a walk, it's nice to walk around when it's scenic like this." yeonjun said absentmindedly, but a faint smile found the edge of his lips at the sight of their hands. the boys walked in a comfortable silence for a few moments, comforted by the light chirping trilling from the woods and the fresh scent of the water.

beomgyu found himself edging closer to the water, almost wanting to run through it with his clothes on. they were walking across a small hill that was separated by a foot of space between the water, leaving a small cliff.

yeonjun found himself subconsciously grinning as he lightly loosened his grip from beomgyu's fingers, enough to where the other wouldn't notice. when he noticed beomgyu peering over the edge as they walked, he took his chance and strongly bumped his hip against beomgyu's, slipping his hand out of beomgyu's as a laugh erupted from his lips.