𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

no one can ever take my heart like ateez have 🤷‍♀️

-

taehyun (almost wrote terry) was on a mission, a mission that he was determined to succeed with, whether it ended in violence or peace.

he'd had to refrain from immediately blocking kai's number after dropping soobin off, but he told himself it would be more feasible after he spoke to the boy.

so now he was driving, probably too fast, to kai's house, hoping he'd be home. and if he wasn't, he'd simply wait.

he pulled up to a house a bit away from the familiar house and parked, surveying the area as he sat. taehyun found that he should look around first, to make sure anything wasn't out of the ordinary, to make sure he was safe.

not that kai would do anything, but he did side with a rapist, so the boy was cautious.

after sitting for about three minutes, taehyun had concluded the area was fine and he made his way out of the car, letting the door slam shut. the blonde made his way down the sidewalk to kai's house, pulling his coat a bit tighter around him as he kept his steps fast and urgent.

the door loomed in front of him, but before he could back down (p1h💪), he forced himself to knock on the door while simultaneously ringing the doorbell.

taehyun's breath billowed out in front of him as he waited, rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet as he heard footsteps from inside the house. the doorknob turned softly, and the door cracked open a mere inch.

"what do you want."

kai was on the other side of the door, making sure to not open it wide enough to where taehyun could see him or enter.

the blonde's heart dropped at the sound of kai's voice, bringing everything from a few hours crashing back down on him as he realized that he had lost his closest friend. taehyun's throat began to burn with the impending tears that he knew were to follow, but he forcefully swallowed them down as he willed himself to speak.

"to talk to you." his voice definitely came out smaller than he would've liked.

"no." kai said blatantly, and taehyun noticed the door closing with a strike of what he chalked up to be anger. the blonde's hand shot out to the doorknob in half of a second, forcefully snatching the door open until it swung completely wide and revealed none other than kai.

"i don't want to-" kai blurted, leaping forward to attempt to grab the doorknob to slam the door back shut, but taehyun had suspected that. the blonde darted forward into the house before kai could force him out, grabbing onto the younger's wrists in case he decided to get defensive.

"that's too bad." taehyun snarled, pushing kai back until he hit the wall. kai wiggled in his grip, but despite being taller than the older, he was not stronger.

taehyun let go of one of kai's wrists to pull the door shut, locking it behind them as they stood in the house. he cautiously let go of the younger fully, and when kai didn't make a move to run, taehyun stood back a bit and observed him.

"where are your parents?" the blonde asked, glancing around the otherwise silent house, save for the heavy breathing of the two from their small tussle. kai glared down at the older, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"obviously not here. what do you want, taehyun." kai spat, and taehyun felt the familiar stinging of his throat once again at the tone taken with him. he could hardly bring himself to recognize the younger, as if he had never known him in the first place.