𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

upon arriving home, beomgyu bid a quick farewell to soobin and disappeared to his room, throwing his bag onto the floor without a second thought.

he had been holding in tears the entire day, and leaving without speaking to yeonjun was hitting him harder than he would've expected. he also didn't have the older's number, so he'd have to see him in person, and he wasn't entirely sure he wanted yeonjun to see him in this state.

sure, yeonjun had seen him in one of the worst states of his life, but to beomgyu, this was almost worse.

he could feel it inside his chest. the last few days had been so much for him to take, the overwhelming feeling of dread and panic becoming his main emotions. he hated it, but he couldn't bring himself to bring his problems upon anyone else, not even soobin.

beomgyu shut and locked his door, going slowly to his bed as the tears finally slipped down his face. he slid under his covers and yanked them up to his nose, staring blankly at the wall as tears blurred his vision, to the point where he could only see swirls of colors painting his eyes.

his breaths became shaky as the sobs became worse, forcing himself to cry into his blanket as to muffle the sound some. instead of trying to stop the sobs, he flipped over in his bed and buried his face under his now damp blanket.

and somehow he fell into a fitful sleep, the shining rays of sun slowly falling further down his body, until the sky plunged into its own darkness.

-

the ringing of his phone woke beomgyu, popping his head up in his half asleep state. his body was panicking from the repetitive sound, his frantic eyes raking over his now darkened room for the source of the noise.

beomgyu slid himself half off of his bed, arms extended from the floor as he grabbed the vibrating device, groggily snatching it up.

"hello..?" beomgyu mumbled, suddenly becoming aware that his room was darker than he wanted it to be.

"beomgyu! hey! are you okay? are you coming out tonight?" sunoo's cheerful yet concerned voice rang through the call, dropping beomgyu's heart.

busking.

which brought his mind back to his lack of a guitar, and the tears came crashing back down on him, a pit in his stomach.

"... i don't have a guitar anymore, sunny.." beomgyu muttered, pushing himself back up on his bed, eyes constantly flitting around the dark room. his heart rate quickened and the tears pooled in the corners of his eyes, chest heaving.

"oh.. i'm sorry gyu. i didn't know if you were still gonna come out or not, you have a big crowd waiting for you. but i'll tell them you're not coming this week." sunoo said sadly, and beomgyu could hear the chittering of a crowd in the background.

his heart sank more, as now he would be letting down people who enjoyed his presence, and that was the last thing he wanted to do. but there was no way he was gonna leave his room, let alone his house.

"i'm sorry sunny... tell them to give me two weeks and i'll try to be back." beomgyu finally said, eyes widening as a passing car cast threatening shadows across his walls.

"okay beomie, stay safe okay? call me if you need anything." sunoo said, and beomgyu could hear the overwhelming care in his tone.

"thanks sunny, love you." beomgyu mumbled back, angrily wiping away a few tears that were slowly rolling down his cheeks.

"love you too, gyu." sunoo said, and then the call disconnected.

which left beomgyu in deafening silence, the darkness sinking into his chest as his phone cut off.