𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

i'm gonna start putting songs i like at the top since i've run out of black & white pics of the boys <3

yeonjun woke up the next morning by someone practically beating his door down, yelling his name.

"choi yeonjun! choi yeonjun answer this door!"

of course it was soobin.

yeonjun sat up quickly, propping himself on his elbow, as his arm was still under beomgyu's head.

"beomgyu, hey. soobin is here." yeonjun said gently, slightly shaking the younger to awaken him. beomgyu shifted but didn't stir, nuzzling his warm cheek deeper into yeonjun's bare arm.

the older's hand was asleep, as he found out by trying to wiggle his fingers, and feeling absolutely nothing. yeonjun groaned but chuckled, realizing beomgyu had his own hand locked with yeonjun's.

"CHOI YEONJUN OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR!!" soobin screamed, and yeonjun panicked for his front door. the boy tapped beomgyu again, and this time he began to stir.

"hey i have to get up before soobin breaks down my damn door, i'll be back, okay?" yeonjun informed softly, slinking his arm out from underneath beomgyu and instead letting his head drop onto a pillow.

beomgyu whined and tucked the blanket up to his chin, leaving yeonjun to smile as he quickly slipped out of the bed and down the stairs.

he opened the front door just as soobin was about to beat on it again, fist raised as a panicked pout found his lips.

"hey hey woah! calm down soobin, what's wrong??" yeonjun asked, instinctively raising his hands to cover his face. soobin dropped his fist and stared at yeonjun, eyebrows knitted together.

"i came to get gyu. is there an issue??" soobin asked rather harshly, catching yeonjun off guard with his tone.

"um no, i guess not. he's upstairs let me get him." yeonjun replied, his feelings slightly hurt by the fact that soobin had snapped at him. he trudged up the steps to find a half awake beomgyu, sitting up and looking to the door longingly.

"hey, good morning. soobin is here." yeonjun said blankly, his mood almost ruined by the simple action. beomgyu seemed to notice, tilting his messy head to the side as he looked to the older with round eyes.

"you okay?" beomgyu said softly, eyes filled with concern as he looked to the older. yeonjun forced a small smile onto his face and nodded, walking closer to beomgyu.

"do you want to take your ice cream and ramen home? i'll get them in a bag for you." yeonjun asked, absentmindedly. but beomgyu was quick to reply.

"no. i wanna keep them here for when i come over." the brown haired said confidently, which caught yeonjun off guard once more.

"you'd willingly come over...?" yeonjun inquired, taking his turn to tilt his head in confusion. beomgyu smiled weakly up at him, nodding.

"i came here willingly last night. it takes the same time to come here as it does to go home." beomgyu said, his ears beginning to heat up. yeonjun found a faint smile decorating his cheeks, unable to be contained any longer at the younger's words.

"how do you not hate me, just like that?? i was literally awful to you.. i don't deserve such easy forgiveness." yeonjun said quietly, eyes falling to rest on the carpeted floor he was stood on.

"i was awful back, i'm surprised you let me sleep in your bed not once but twice. im shocked that i myself did that, but you know." beomgyu replied, shooting the older a comforting smile as he began to stand up.

he made sure not to glance towards the mirror in yeonjun's room, casting his eyes down to focus on the steps he was taking.

"thank you for helping me yesterday.. really." beomgyu whispered once he reached where yeonjun stood, standing tentatively close to the older. he looked up with big eyes, resisting the urge to shy away upon seeing yeonjun already gazing down at him.

"i'm sorry for the way i used to be." yeonjun said softly, pulling beomgyu into a gentle yet tight hug, one which he couldn't refuse even if he wanted to. the pair hugged for a moment before soobin yelled again, causing beomgyu to jump due to the sudden loud noise.

"i'll see you soon." beomgyu said, giving yeonjun one final squeeze before practically sprinting down the steps to an almost angry soobin.

the taller was standing in the living room, tapping his foot against the wooden floor as he waited for the pair to emerge. upon seeing beomgyu, his eyes lit up and he rushed forwards, immediately checking him over.

"are you okay?? why didn't you wanna come home?? all i got from yeonjun was, 'beomgyu is staying over tonight, it's too dark for him to come home.' and then he didn't reply!" soobin exclaimed, his pitch rising with the more strung out he became.

"i'm okay, it... it was the dark. i didn't want to walk home so he let me stay. and no yeonjun didn't do anything." beomgyu lied, quickly making sure yeonjun wouldn't be labeled as the bad guy.

soobin skeptically looked from beomgyu, to behind him, where yeonjun had joined the pair in the living room. yeonjun gave a sheepish smile to soobin, but his gaze immediately trained back on beomgyu.

"let's go home gyu." soobin suggested, linking his arm around beomgyu's waist; not catching the way the younger jumped at the sudden touch.

but yeonjun noticed. and he wanted to snap at soobin for being so careless with someone so fragile, but he refrained.

"thanks again yeonjun.. see you soon." beomgyu smiled, waving to the older as he was led out of the house by an annoyed bunny.

yeonjun waved back, a sad smile forming on his lips.

-

"are you sure it was just the dark?" soobin asked gently, patting the couch next to him so that beomgyu would join him.

but the younger refrained from sitting, suddenly not feeling like interacting with anyone, or anything.

"yeah i'm okay. i'm gonna go up to my room, okay? i'll text you if i need something." beomgyu lied for the second time in an hour, flashing a fake smile to the frowning older.

"okay... i'll come up to check on you later." soobin finally said, earning a nod from the younger.

beomgyu walked up the steps and entered his room, immediately going to shut the curtains, effectively blocking out any light. it was about midday now, but beomgyu just wanted it to be the middle of the night.

the dark reflected his mind now, filled with an unknown void that seemed to have no cure.

he slid into his bed and curled into himself, tucking the covers up to his chin. beomgyu's eyes traveled around his now darkened room, fear spiking in his heart at the lack of light. but the pain that was picking at his brain hurt his heart far worse, mind occupied with the same thoughts.

how xion had so carelessly done what no one should ever have to go through, and then was proud of it. he felt disgusted in his own skin for allowing it to happen, for allowing himself to become so vulnerable to someone who obviously had no care for his feelings.

the first few tears slipped down his face, and were soon accompanied by a tsunami of wet droplets, coating his face like a layer of morning dew.

beomgyu curled tighter into his blanket, picking up his phone in the midst of his tears.

he didn't think twice before turning on do not disturb, flinging his phone somewhere and hearing it clunk against the carpet, pushed far out of his reach.

-

kind of a filler chapter but that's okay, it's 7am again but i love to see y'all's comments and votes so here i am updating for you <333 hope you guys enjoy