𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

while the pair were relaxed in each other's arms, a knock at the door startled a half asleep beomgyu. his crying had stopped for the most part, and was now left with a sniffly nose and watery eyes.

his body jolted, startling yeonjun, who was pretending to rest his eyes, so that he could look at the younger's relaxed face.

"c-come in." yeonjun said, taken off guard at the sudden noise.

the door opened and revealed a singular police officer, with the principal right behind him.

"may we enter..?" the officer asked, eyes traveling over the boys, as beomgyu was laying between yeonjun's lap, face buried in his hoodie.

"yeah? is there a barrier stopping you??" yeonjun all but snapped, realizing that he needed to keep his attitude down in presence of someone who theoretically could arrest him.

the officer raised an eyebrow as he stepped into the office, taking a seat in one of the chairs near beomgyu's legs. the younger had kept his face in yeonjun's shoulder, but turned so that half of it could face the man.

"i've been informed that one of you have rape allegations against a student at this school, correct?" the officer asked dryly, unamused gaze on the two entangled boys at his feet.

"yeah, fucking park xion." yeonjun snapped, before he could stop himself. beomgyu's hand tightened in yeonjun's hoodie, urging the older without words to maintain his attitude for the time being.

"and is there any proof of this allegation? we can't just arrest some kid because someone said he ra-"

"there is proof." yeonjun growled out, his arms protectively grabbing beomgyu and pulling him tighter against him.

the officer tsked at the sight and boredly sighed, as if waiting for something.

"well?"

yeonjun's heart began to race as the sudden realness caved in, and the fact that he had practically just offered beomgyu up without his consent made him hate himself.

"i um. beomgyu, hey, can you show the officer your marks..? just a quick show, less than thirty seconds, promise." yeonjun cooed softly, all while glaring down the man who sat impatiently in front of them.

beomgyu whimpered and pushed his face back into yeonjun's hoodie, fingers curling tightly around the older's sweatshirt.

"if there's no proof then no conviction can be made." the officer said matter of factly, standing up and brushing off invisible dust. yeonjun huffed loudly, rolling his eyes at the ignorance of the officer.

"just because he has trauma and won't show you doesn't mean you need to brush off the entire thing. xion is a rapist!" yeonjun's voice was increasingly becoming louder, filling with fury at the constant reminder of what the wretched boy did.

the officer shrugged, and yeonjun could see the faint trace of a smile on his face. which only pushed the anger further up his throat, threatening to spill across his lips if the man didn't step out soon.

"no proof, no arrest." the man shrugged again, stepping out of the office with one final sarcastic wave to the pair.

the room was plunged back into silence as the door drifted shut, the voices of the principal and the officer wafting through the walls.

yeonjun's rage was coursing through his body, doing his best to console the growing anger built inside of his chest.

beomgyu stayed silent, but yeonjun didn't miss the louder sniffles that were muffled against his shoulder; beomgyu was crying again.