𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

beomgyu's eyes widened as he stared down at the guitar case, almost wondering if this was some joke that yeonjun and soobin were playing on him. but his eyes proved to be correct when he dropped to his knees and felt the hard material under his fingertips.

he wasn't worried about soobin seeing him, or the ice cream that was currently melting next to him.

all he could focus on was delicately unzipping the guitar case, the black wooden case making a small 'thunk' as he flipped it open.

tears pricked his eyes at the sight of how beautiful the guitar was, taking a long moment just to look at it.

the guitar was a light blue, with the center being white, the neck a nice light brown color that stretched away from beomgyu's fingers.

something in his mind snapped and he thought about running after yeonjun, but realized with a sinking feeling that the older had already left about 5 minutes before.

resting on top of the guitar was a note, neatly folded up and tucked underneath a few of the strings. with careful hands, beomgyu slid it out and delicately unfolded the paper, watery eyes reading over the neatly written words.

i owe you this, not that it excuses my actions before. but i picked the prettiest one, i hope you like it. if you need a good name recommendation, i would say call it your gyutar.. you get it? yeah you get it. hopefully i'll get to see you soon, write me a song as pretty as you.

-yeonjun

in reality, yeonjun had erased that last sentence more than enough times, and actually had to get a new piece of paper and rewrite his note because all of the erasing had ripped it. and he didn't want to come off as flirting, which wouldn't necessarily be an issue, because he did think beomgyu was pretty.

beomgyu let tears slip down his face as he stared at the note, his eyes in a constant battle from flicking to the guitar, back to the note. his heart felt like it was going to explode from the warm feeling he was experiencing, unable to keep the flow of tears limited to a trickle.

he pulled the guitar out of its case and held it close to him, body shaking with the sobs that he had no idea where they came from. he didn't care about soobin hearing him, or seeing him.

all he cared about was the guitar in front of him, and the person who had brought it.

after a few moments of collecting himself, beomgyu scooted backwards into his room, dragging his snacks and guitar and case with him, shutting the door quietly behind him.

not a wink of sleep was had by the brown haired boy, switching from scribbling on his songwriting notebook to strumming a few chords on the beauty that he now held, munching on the half melted ice cream bar he had been given.

-

7am rolled around and beomgyu was on the verge of crashing, vowing to just write a few more lyrics before losing his sudden inspiration. being as it was saturday, he knew soobin would most likely be asleep for quite a few more hours, which meant yeonjun wouldn't be over until probably noon.

so at 7:04am, beomgyu laid his new guitar back in its pristine black case and passed out in the position he was sitting. back half against the headboard, neck cramped uncomfortably, legs tucked up into his body. he didn't even have the energy to get under the covers, and instead opted to just lay on top of his blanket.

he was out within not even a minute, exhaustion sucking any energy he had remaining.

-

"hey soobin. did he eat his ice cream?" yeonjun asked, sending a small but sheepish smile to the boy who had just let him in. soobin's dimples peeked out at the question, and yeonjun knew that beomgyu had found the present he had left.