𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖜𝖔

"beomgyu, we're gonna go in now, is that okay? i don't want you to get hypothermia, you've been through enough." yeonjun cooed gently, their intertwined hands giving away the freezing temperature of the younger.

beomgyu didn't say anything, but instead turned his head to the right to face yeonjun, who was a few inches from him.

the rain was still pouring, the lightning was still flashing, thunder still booming.

their hands never left each other, and neither did their minds. all beomgyu had been able to think about was yeonjun's previous words, about how sometimes he didn't want to keep going.

and beomgyu could relate in a sense, wishing many times that a ghost would take his place.

yeonjun thought of how truly broken beomgyu must feel, and soon began to realize he may have been the cause of all of it.

"i'll get you new clothes, but we need to go in now, it's probably like 3am and it's freezing." yeonjun mumbled, feeling his own body shiver against his will. he stood up and gently pulled beomgyu's wrist with him, helping the younger to his feet and making sure he wouldn't slip.

when they both were stood up, yeonjun slid forward and snaked an arm around beomgyu's waist, holding tightly so that the younger wouldn't slip, and so that he could warm him.

beomgyu's heart quickened slightly at this action, but refused to comment on it as he and yeonjun walked side by side back towards the house.

upon reaching the porch, yeonjun let go of beomgyu's waist and stood in front of him, sheepishly standing as his eyes found the younger's.

"um.. do you care if i take my shirt and pants off...? it's just, they're soaking wet and cold and it's easier to dry off that way. i didn't want to make you uncomfortable." yeonjun explained meekly, tugging his drenched shirt away from his stomach, wincing at any contact from it.

beomgyu paused, and then a chuckle erupted from his dripping lips.

"yes go ahead, i get a free strip tease from my enemy." beomgyu chuckled again, making sure to emphasize the last word.

but yeonjun didn't laugh, and instead, sheepishly stepped forward with a slight frown on his dripping face.

his eyebrows were holding small droplets, his eyelashes clumped together and holding small puddles, but his eyes held the most. they were filled with sorrow, and something beomgyu couldn't place.

"about that... beomgyu, i.. i don't want to be enemies anymore..." yeonjun practically whispered, stepping even closer to beomgyu now.

their chests were a centimeter from touching, and the thought of yeonjun's wet shirt touching his skin was long forgotten from his mind.

beomgyu's smile faltered, the confession catching him off guard completely.

"you don't have to accept it... i just thought i'd say it.. out loud." yeonjun muttered, turning away from beomgyu to face the front door as he quickly pulled his sopping shirt over his head.

yeonjun was already half naked by the time beomgyu registered the words, his hand instinctively going to reach for yeonjun's shoulder. but he paused, as he didn't know how the older would react to randomly being touched on his bare skin.

"you can keep your clothes on and i'll just dry the floor off, come on." yeonjun instructed gently, opening the door as he stepped into his silent, dark house, beomgyu following closely behind him.

"yeonjun-"

"i got it." yeonjun cut him off softly, reaching back to take beomgyu's hand into his own, the protector from the looming darkness.