Chapter 4 - Realization

Reyna's POV
When they had all left, I went straight to my room, feeling paranoid. I washed off the makeup in the toilet sink and changed into something comfortable- an ash baggy shirt and black shorts.

I grumpily threw myself on my bed. I was exhausted as well and my feet were aching. I couldn't believe that Andre played his dirty tricks on me. Such a jerk, I cursed. He's so...
My thoughts were interrupted by Annie's call. She always knew the right time to call me.

"Hey, sis", I said, picking up the call.
"My little one, how was lunch? How did you find your groom-to-be? Funny? Is he handsome? And yeah, what's his name? Did you both agree to get married? Are you...". I waited patiently till she was done questioning me.

"You don't ever get tired of blabbering, sis. First of all, I'm not little. I'm about to get married...", the thought of it made my stomach growl. "Lastly, please take your questions in bits. I'll surely provide you with all the answers you need to hear", I begged.

"Sorry, I'm just curious", she apologized.
"Well, lunch was great. It was more like a feast. His name is Andre Davies. He's damn hot and of course, he's handsome too. Everything was going well until he played me", I frowned.

"A pretty good name for your husband-to-be. But what did you mean by he played you?", Annie asked out of curiosity.
"I told him how I felt about everything and he agreed to call off the wedding-
"Omg, are you kidding?", she screamed with joy. She didn't even wait to hear the full story.

"I'm not done yet. He flipped the table around and said an entirely different thing to our parents concerning our wedding plans, saying that we had agreed to it. Now, he made everyone believe that we were in love already. Do you know the worst part?", I asked Annie.

"Of course not. I wasn't there, so tell me please", she pleaded.
"He held my waist tightly and fucking kissed my cheek in front of our parents after forcing me into a hug. He's an annoying jerk", I cried out. I could hear Annie laughing hard, it seemed to take forever to stop.

"I'm sorry", she said in between her laughter.
"I don't find it funny, sis", I rolled my eyes.
"Honestly, I actually find him cute. I think he was only trying to make you feel comfortable around him by telling you that. Everything will work out perfectly. You just have to have an open mind and think positively about him", she advised.

"Hmm, not like I have a choice though. My engagement is two weeks from now and we're getting married a month later", I said.
"It's around the corner. Nothing to worry about, I'm here for you", Annie assured me.
"I know, I don't really have many friends", I sighed.

"I've gotta go now. My shift is about to begin. Take care of yourself", Annie said and the call got disconnected.

I suddenly heard noises from downstairs, so I curiously went to check what was happening.
"Hey, aunt", I said spotting her from a distance at the stairs. I ran and pulled my arms around her.
"Reyna dear, how are you?", she asked.
"I'm fine, aunt", I replied, pulling out of the hug.

I looked over and saw my cousin standing behind her.
"Hey Clea, how have you been?", I asked.
"Good, what about you?", Clea asked in return.
"Well, I'm okay", I answered. It turned out that they were gonna be staying with us till after my wedding.
....
I was returning to my room when I accidentally bumped into someone. I looked up to see it was Clea and apologized immediately. "I'm really sorry", I said and reached out for my doorknob. I was surprised as she forcefully pulled me back.

"Reyna, are you blind?", she almost slapped me, but I was fast enough to hold her hand in the air. I was baffled at her sudden behavior. She had never been this rude to me.

"Clea, what has come over you? It was an accident and I have apologized already", I said and tried to walk passed her but she blocked my way.
"Excuse you?", I asked.