Chapter 42 - Oslo, Norway

Once allowed to use her phone. She put on her AirPods while listening to music and scrolling through her gallery.

She came across pictures of Andre and her together- one from their honeymoon.
She started crying. 'cause of the song and the pictures.
She was finding it hard to hit delete on all the pictures. And the lyrics of the song struck her hard.

Fck I wish- by Levent Geiger

' cause suddenly it's hard to be
Alone.
But I'm left here in pieces,
Dancing with your ghost,
I'm fighting my demons,
But I'm falling again,
You're gone with the season,
And I'm on my own without you at home.

Fck I wish you were here,
All this time, all these years,
Fck I miss how it feels,
Sick of all these stupid tears,
Fck I wish I was there,
Oh my god, I'm so scared--

She burst into uncontrollable tears, she covered her face with both hands. She was causing quite a scene.

Just then she felt someone's hand on hers.
She hadn't noticed the person sitting right next to her ever since she got on board.

A napkin was waved in her face. She took it and wiped her face. "Thank you," she said without looking at the person.
"It's gonna be okay," a soft feminine voice said.

She turned to look at her. The lady sitting beside her was a fine young woman in her mid-20s. She had a consoling smile on her face.

"You're pregnant, it's not good for the baby- crying that hard," she said. Reyna looked shocked.
As if sensing it, the lady spoke.
"Your protruding belly gave it away and I'm a gynecologist too." She said. Reyna looked down at her stomach and, gently caressed her baby bump.

"If you cry that hard. Your baby will have no choice but to start swimming in your tears" she said making Reyna laugh. She wanted her to laugh rather than cry.

"I'm Ariella Walter" she introduced herself.
"I'm Reyna" she managed to say. She didn't wanna use either last name.

"Okay, Reyna. I can tell something's bothering you, I'm here to listen. A problem shared, is a problem half solved, they say." Ariella said.

Reyna looked like she was considering it. After all, Ariella was a stranger, it wouldn't be that bad to tell her and she needed someone to talk to.

She finally blurted everything out. Ariella looked pale, She felt bad for her.

"I'm so sorry about what you've been through. You made the right decision, even though you loved him. Your baby was the push you needed to end that suffocating and toxic marriage. This crying, the sadness, and the heartache might endure for a while but soon comes happiness. " Those words were comforting to Reyna.

"Thank you"
"In all, it was better to have loved and lost than to have not loved at all. I'm here for you throughout the flight." Ariella said. Reyna shot her a smile.

She wasn't wrong. It was better to have loved and lost than to have not loved at all. Reyna felt a bit better after talking to Ariella.

**
"Ladies and gentlemen, Norwegian Airlines, welcomes you to Oslo, Norway. The local time is 2:00 pm. For your safety and the safety of those around you, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened and keep the aisle clear until we are parked at the gate" another announcement came through.

Ariella waited outside the plane for Reyna, once she came down. She waved her hands in the air to gain her attention.

Reyna walked towards her and pulled her into a hug.
"Thank you, Ariella." She said before breaking the hug.
"This is where we say goodbye huh?" Ariella said.
"I guess so. I hope we cross paths again, it's a small world, right? " Reyna said.
"Yeah, I hope so too. Take care of yourself and the baby" Ariella said.

"I will. Take care too" And with that, they both went their separate ways.

The blue sky was dotted with fluffy white clouds, that drifted lazily in the gentle breeze. The sunlit skyscraper pierced the hot, blue sky. The roads shimmered in the midday sun. Specks of dust seemed to dance in the shaft of afternoon sunlight.

The whole place was magnificent.

Everything was happier and brighter than she was.
she thought to herself.

Just then, she was craving something, something sweet. Her eyes scanned the buildings nearby, stopping at a little cafe and bakery. She walked in and couldn't help but see couples everywhere she looked.

Was this a couple's fest?
Was everyone trying to rub it in her face that she was all alone?

She ordered a cake and some crispy donuts.
After she was done, she called for an Uber, which drove her, to her hotel. She'd booked a four-star hotel- Radisson blu hotel Nydalen, Oslo.

Using the key card she opened the door of her suite. The suite was spacious. Everything was luxurious and fancy.
The room had beautiful interiors, the bedding was top-notch. The mini couches were stylish too. In all, the place was amazing.

She dropped her suitcases at the side of the bed. She didn't have the strength to unpack. She just brought out her nightwear from her mini bag and took a long shower.
She had a rough day.

After that, she fell on the bed and drifted to sleep.
That was how tired she was.