Chapter 14 - Scent of jealousy

Reyna's POV
We had gotten ready to go grocery shopping.
"Should I call the driver? Or should we just drive?" He asked.
"I'd like to drive. It's been almost two months since I drove a car" I said
"Okay, then" he smiled.

...............

He pushed the trolley while I chose the groceries.
Grocery shopping with your spouse doesn't seem like much but it brings a satisfying kind of happiness.

"How about these?" I asked picking pringles.
"Okay. Then this, this and this will do" he said grabbing more snacks, he put them away in the trolley.

"Chocolate!" I exclaimed, I had almost forgotten about it. I ran to the chocolate section and he rolled the trolley, chasing after me.

I selected a few different chocolate bars
" Could you get some for me?" He said
Did he like chocolates?
"You like chocolate?"
" Yeah. You find that hard to believe?"
"Yeah, I do. But I won't share mine with you, so get yours now" I said with a smile
"We'll see about that"
He grabbed a few chocolates. "are we done? I think we've gotten everything we need"

"I've gotta get something. Wait here I'll be back" he said handing me the trolley.

I stood there for a while, before a teenage boy, who should be eighteen or probably nineteen approached me.
" Hi, I'm Leo. I'm sorry if you find my approach rude. What's your name by the way?"
" Reyna," I said after hesitating a little.

" You've got a nice name. May I ask if you have a boyfriend?" I was about to say something but Andre spoke.
" No she doesn't.." he said and Leo cut him off.
" That's.."
" She has a husband," Andre said showing him our wedding rings.

"Oh, that's unfortunate. Anyways I just wanted to say that you're really pretty. In case he hasn't told you yet" he said and I smiled at him.
"Thanks" and he left.

Andre stared at me for a while. " What? Are you jealous?" I said chuckling. He looked away.
"No, I'm not," he said and I just laughed.
"And quit smiling like that at strangers. Especially at the male gender" he said.
"Why? Is something wrong with my smile?"
" It's too charming," he said and walked ahead.
I slightly smiled and caught up with him.

We paid and returned the trolley. He insisted on carrying all the grocery bags leaving me with just one. He carried 4 bags.
We ate a simple lunch which we both prepared and unpacked our clothes, placing them in the closet.

It was five in the evening when we were done.
My phone buzzed with a reminder.
He looked at me in a questioning way.
"Oh. It's Friday so my phone reminds me of a task"
"And what's that?"
" To read. I read a suspense crime fiction novel"
"Sounds fun. I noticed you packed up a suitcase filled with books"
"Yeah. Do you wanna join me,?"
"Hmm. Yeah sure"
I brought out the book from my bag and placed it in front of us.
"I won't be comfortable reading like that. Come closer" he said sitting up and resting on the headboard. I sat close to him and laid on his shoulders, he opened the book and held it before us.

"Isn't it better this way?"
" Yeah, it is," I said getting comfortable.