Chapter 21 - Without me

Reyna's POV
"Mom, dad, granny. Uncle Andre and aunt Rayner are back" Layla said running towards Andre.

"How are you cupcake?" He said lifting her.
"I'm fine uncle"
"Welcome home dear," my father-in-law said
"Come sit, you must be exhausted. Have this" my mother-in-law said handing me a bottle of water
"Mom, where's mine?" Andre asked.
"I only have one. Get yourself water from the fridge" she said

"That's so not fair. I feel like you love Reyna more than you love me" he said acting like a total mama's boy. I had to hold in my laughter.

"So it may seem," she said with a smile beckoning me to drink up.

"Uncle, the photo album came weeks ago but mom and dad wouldn't let me see it," Layla said pouting.
"Is that so?" Andre said and Layla nodded.
"Let's take a look together. Shall we?"
We looked at the pictures together.

The pictures came out great but they lacked emotions. Good thing we took pictures on our honeymoon. We could fill them in on the empty pages in the album.

"Go shower and come downstairs for breakfast. I don't want you both napping on an empty stomach" my mother-in-law said.
" Okay mother"

Three days later...
Andre's POV
It took us two days to get settled in our new home. We arranged our photo frames and hung some on the walls of our bedroom and living room. We got groceries, fixed our clothes in the closet, and arranged the study.

She came out of the washroom in pajamas and her hair was up in a towel. I was sitting on the couch, scrolling through my phone.

She sat on the floor, in between my legs.
"Dry my hair for me," she said.
"What?" I asked stunned, she stared at me with a smile plastered across her face.
"Dry my hair for me, please," she said still smiling.

"Can't you even dry your hair? .. my goodness" I said, got up, and got the hair dryer.

I started blow-drying her hair

"All dried, ma'am," I said with a smile.
" Thank you. My right ear is hot though" she said.
"um.. but your hair is perfectly dry," I said gently patting her hair and she just giggled.

"You're not gonna keep asking me to do this for you, are you?" I asked. She turned around, sitting opposite me.
"Keep doing this for me"
"My gosh. How are you going to live without me?" I said and she just smiled.

"I'll help you tie your hair," I said,
"Are you sure you can do it ?" She asked.

"Of course, I can. It's pretty simple" I bragged. I didn't know how to braid hair but I saw lots of videos on it and it seemed easy.

I tried tieing her hair but it kept slipping through my hands.
"Now there's something you can't do," she said laughing. I finally gave up and she rolled her hair up in a messy bun.

"Reyna, can we meet my friends for an outdoor BBQ tomorrow? They've been wanting to meet you. They've been pestering me for days now" I asked.

"Yeah, sure"
"Okay. Good night"
"Could you caress my hair like you always do? I can't seem to fall asleep" she said.
"Okay," I said and she snuggled into me and I gently caressed her hair.