Chapter 7 - Arranged marriage

Reyna's POV
The long, anticipated day was here. Yay, I'm getting married, to someone, I know nothing about. Sarcasm.

"I'm so happy for you Reyna, it's the biggest day of your life"
"I know sis, I'm so nervous"
Nervous is an understatement.
"It's natural, hey now don't cry you'll ruin your makeup," Annie said.
"I won't," I said, trying to hold in my emotions.
"I got you a gift"
"You didn't have to" I objected.

"Well, I did anyways. Here" she said handing me a little box. I opened it to find a beautiful locket, inside was a photo of us together.
"Aw thanks, sis, it's beautiful"
"I got one for myself also"
"Thank you"
"For what?"
"For being the best big sister I could ask for, for being there when I needed you the most, for putting up with all my tantrums, for.."
She cut me off.
"Hey, now you're making me emotional, I don't wanna ruin my makeup too" we both chuckled.

"Oh my, my daughter looks like an angel"
"Dad," I said and hugged him.
"Dad, I thought you wouldn't make it"
"I wouldn't miss it for the world pearl," he said to me, before turning to Annie.

"My eldest daughter has grown so much, I'm so sorry that I wasn't there for you when you needed me. I hope you can forgive me. I missed you"
"I missed you too dad," Annie said as they both hugged. I'm glad they've sorted out their differences.
"We have to go now. The bride can't be late" my mom said. She was such a party pooper.
"Are you ready to walk down the aisle?" Annie asked " I guess I am" I gulped nervously.

Holding my father's hand I walked down the aisle, wearing a white sleeveless lace silk wedding dress.

People were standing on both sides as I walked down the aisle. We reached the stage, and my mom and dad hugged me before handing over my hand to his.

He bowed his head to my father in respect and held my hand gently. We walked towards the center of the stage.

Even though it was a few steps, I was still nervous. I knew this day would come but it was rather too soon for me. I couldn't complain.

He was wearing a three-piece tailor-made wedding suit. It was a light grey one.

The wedding organizer came to us and started "Andre Davies do you take Reyna Neil to be your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to be faithful to her? to have and to hold from this day forward for richer, for poorer, for better and for worse, in sickness and in health? To cherish, honor and love her all the days you shall live?"

"I do" I slide my face in his direction and found him staring at me.

Again the organizer asked "Reyna Neil do you take Andre Davies to be your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to be faithful to him? to have and to hold from this day forward for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sickness and in health? To cherish, honor and love him all the days you shall live?"

"I do," I said plainly without any emotions.

He took the ring and slipped it on my ring finger. The ring was simple but custom-made, a diamond was placed in the center of a platinum ring. Engraved in it was AR, our initials.

I held his hand and slipped the ring on his finger. His hand was so warm. I liked the warmth of his hand. I shook my thoughts back to the ceremony.

We turned back to the organizer and he said
"Now I pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride"

I exhaled deeply, he was going to kiss me and it was going to be my first kiss. Which I'd hate to have right now without the required kind of emotion and in front of so many people.

He turned towards me, held my hands, and planted a kiss on my cheek. I smiled at him and he smiled back at me.

The wedding was over now but next comes the reception which I had no energy for.