Chapter 79 - Therapy

ANDRE...
I couldn't fall asleep, I couldn't believe I put her through all that and more. She looked miserable, was I that much of a horrible person? I guess so.

I was a terrible husband to her, but I should be a better father to my daughter. How I hate therapists; if it means I get to be with my daughter, fine.

I had the perfect person that could link me up with a therapist. I immediately dialed her number.
"Hey, Jena. It's been 5 years, I'm sorry I missed out on all the group reunions" I apologized as soon as she answered. After my divorce, I sank into isolation so I ignored my friends for years not communicating with anyone. Indeed I was a terrible person.

"You not only missed out on the group reunions, but you also bailed. You ignored us all and after 5 years you called? Let me guess, you need a favor." Jena answered in a pissed tone. Her anger is justified, I shouldn't have shut them out.

"Yes, I do need a favor but I'm -
She abruptly cut me off.
"You're still the self-absorbed jerk Andre. Don't ever call my line"
"Jena-
She hung up on me.
I sighed throwing my phone on the couch. Great, they all probably hate me.

Good luck finding a therapist on your own Andre.
The doorbell rang and I wondered who it was. Ryan was asleep and Gregor had left for Germany to wrap up some business. Julie had left this morning for the airport to be with him.

Instead of questioning myself any further, I approached the door, twisted the key in the keyhole, and opened the door.
"Jules? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be on your flight to Germany now?" I asked checking the watch on my wrist.
"You stupid boy" she shoved me aside and stormed in.

Was she mad at me? What was my offense?
"Jules, are you gonna tell me what's going on?"
I asked taking a sit beside her, but she burst out crying.
Gosh, not again. Her emotional breakdown was getting worse and worse.
"What's wrong?" I pulled her into a side hug.

"You. You just wanted to send me off like that"
"What are you talking about? You were only gonna be gone for three days"
"Yes, but I was gonna miss your birthday" she sniffed.
Oh! I'd forgotten my birthday was the day after tomorrow. I'd stopped anticipating the day for four years now, I had no one to celebrate with except Julie who made it a must to call.

"I'm sorry, I'd forgotten about it" I chuckled, running my hand through my hair.
"How's that funny? How could you forget your birthday?"
"Jules, I- I don't like my birthday, reminds me that I'm all alone so don't blame me for not remembering"
She punched my chest on hearing this.
"What was that for?"
"You're all alone? What about me? Am I not part of your life?" she started crying again.

"Jules, can you please stop crying?"
I felt horrible that I put her in this situation. She was always happy, but ever since she came to live with me; she's been sad. I wish we could go back to how we were.

"Jules, promise me you won't overreact when I say this" I needed to tell her about me going to therapy.
"What? Tell me" she sniffed wiping away her tears.

"Jules, I- I'm planning on getting therapy"
"What? Why? You're fine, what's the therapy for?"
"I asked you not to overreact"
"Okay fine. Explain it all to me and leave nothing out" She sternly stared at me.
I sighed before finding my voice.
"Amelia-
"Who's Amelia?" she hesitantly asked.
"She's Reyna"
"What? Your ex-wife - Reyna? Did you see her? How is she? Does she resent you? Where did you both meet-
She bombarded me with questions,

"Jules, one question at a time. Yes, my ex-wife. I saw her but I hurt her again and yes she resents me. How we met was coincidental. She worked as my personal assistant for 6 months without my knowledge. She was under a new name and she looked different with those disguises. Long story short I found out I have a daughter with her whom she'd hid for five years. To be able to see my daughter, she told me to get therapy"
The look on Julie's face said she was processing it all.

"I know it's a lot to take in."
"I'm speechless. I want to say a lot but the words are far from my reach" she said with a puzzled look.
"It's okay. I'll be here to answer any questions you might have" I assured her. She hugged me tight.
"I want you to be happy..."

Julie made some calls and arranged a therapist for me. She already booked me three sessions per week.

I walked into the room and there she was; my therapist. I took a sit across from her.
She was a lady in her early forties, but she looked younger. She held her notepad and pen close, she had this bright smile plastered on her face.

"So are you gonna sit there with a pen and notepad, and stare at me all day?" I asked after we'd been sitting in silence for half an hour.
"Not really. This session is booked for 2 hours"
She smiled.

"Well, sorry to disappoint you but it's gonna be the most boring two hours. 'Cause I don't have anything to say"
"It's alright Mr. Andre. I never expect my patients to open up on the first day. We have weeks for you to get comfortable and feel free to open up"
"Okay." I shrugged. There was no way I was opening up to her or any therapist out there.

The two hours came to an end and I walked out. I sent the proof that I was at therapy to Amelia, but she left me on read.
Great- I sighed.