Chapter 66 - It's official

"Have you been avoiding me?" Mason asked. He hadn't seen her since their moment on the rooftop.
"Er, no" she awkwardly answered.
"You were. Are we gonna take a stance? I want to know where I stand"
She looked away not wanting to answer that question she knew she didn't have an answer to.
"I-I'm sorry, Mason. I don't think I'm ready to put myself out there." She finally blurted out.
"Amy," he said holding both her hands.

"I understand. I'll be right here when you're ready. Just don't avoid me"
Gosh, he was so understanding.
"Thanks, Mason," she said.

She sat in her office, not sure of what was going on in her mind. Her phone rang and it was Ariella; just the right person she wanted to talk to.
"Hey," she said as casually as she could to hide her worries but her voice betrayed her.
"What's wrong?"
"I think I like him, Ariella. More than I should" she blurted out.
"But? You're scared?" She knew what was on her mind.
"Yeah, I'm scared that I might ruin this, I'm scared that we might not work out, I'm scared that I might get my heart broken."
"I know how you feel. You've been hurt by someone you loved deeply and you're not ready to go through that a second time. Life is all about taking risks. If you don't put your heart out there, you won't know if it's worth it or not. Trust me, girl, I know it's worth it. I've heard you talk about this Mason guy unending. I think he's the one for you. Go for it, I'm here for you every step of the way"

"I'll go for it. Thanks, Ariella."
"Don't mention. Good luck, I've gotta go, a pregnant patient is here."
"Okay, bye"
She knew what she had to do, all thanks to Ariella. She walked into Mason's office without knocking.
"Yes," she beamed.
He looked at her strangely.
"Yes, what?"
"Yes, I'll give us a shot. Yes, I'll be your girlfriend"
"Yes?" He said ecstatically.
"Yes," she repeated.

He twirled her around, excitedly.
"I'm dizzy" she chuckled and he brought her down.
"I'm sorry. I couldn't hide my excitement"
"Yeah, but-
"There's a but?" He nervously asked.
"Yeah, a minor but. Could we not tell anyone else about us?"
"Sure. That I can do. But, I wanted to brag to the world that you're mine" he said making her chuckle. It was official between them.
"What's the excitement for? Anything I'm supposed to know?" Andre said walking in.
"No, it's nothing"
"Oh, okay. Can I steal Mason for a moment?"
"Sure"

...
"Dude, who have you been texting nonstop?"
Andre asked Mason.
"I know right? He's got that look in his eyes like he's talking to a crush or someone special" another friend chipped in.
"We came here to golf not watch you text nonstop"
Mason took his eyes off his screen to answer their questions.
"My girlfriend."
"Wait! what?!" They all exclaimed at his statement.
"You have a girlfriend? How come we don't know? Who is she?"
"Yes, I have a girlfriend. Our relationship is a low-key one."
"Lemme guess, she wants a private relationship? She's hiding you?"
"Dude, are you sure she's not seeing someone else? She could be two-timing you."

"She's not that type" Mason defended.
"That's what they all want you to think. Why else do you think she wants a low-key relationship?"
"Quit overthinking. I trust her"
"When she breaks your heart, we promise not to say, "I told you so". Just be careful" they burst into laughter.
"Whatever"