Chapter 54 - Accusations..

The past couple of days, Amelia and Archie hanged out a-lot.
Annie wasn't comfortable with the amount of time they were spending together.

One time she found them both in Amelia's room, giggling at something on the laptop but as soon as she walked in; they shut the laptop off.

She felt the tingles, but she couldn't suspect her own sister, nor her husband of such.

Maybe they are just bonding- she thought.

But what she thought she saw, changed her mind. She came out of the house, she'd heard the car pull up at the driveway. Amelia and Archie had gone to get grocery.  She wanted to help with the grocery bags, but the view she was seeing...

Through the windshield, she saw Amelia and Archie kissing. She felt betrayed, she couldn't stand there anymore. She walked back inside.

She'd seen wrong, they weren't kissing. Amelia's hair had obstructed what was really going on. Her hair had gotten stuck in between a charm bracelet. Archie was just helping her out.

"Thanks" she said as they both got out of the car, grabbing the grocery bags, strolling inside while chit-chatting.

They walked in and Annie charged towards Amelia and slapped her hard across the face, making her stumble a bit. Archie's eyes held shock,same as Amelia.

"What was that for?"Amelia asked.
"You brazen little b**ch. How could you do this to me?" She said as tears gathered in her eyes.
"Annie.. what-
"I'm still talking" she yelled.
"Babe.. what's going on?"
"I'm the one asking the question. How could you Archie? and with my sister"
"How could you both have an affair?" She added.
"What!?" They both exclaimed.

"You think I don't see you both sneaking around? Having late night calls? Staying up late together?"
She paused.

They stared at each other in shock. Annie was driving in the wrong direction.
"The height of it, was I saw you both kissing.. in our car, Archie"
"Annie, you're getting it all wrong"Amelia defended.
"What's there to interpret in a kiss?" She asked rhetorically.
"Annie, listen to yourself. Archie just helped me get my hair unstuck"
"Now, you lie? I caught you both in the act"

"Annie.. you know I'd never cheat on you, not even with your sister.. ever. She's like my younger sister. How can I have an affair with my younger sister?" Archie defended.

"She's not your sister, Archie. That's the problem" she yelled.

"Listen to yourself, you're not making any sense. You wanna know what we've been doing all week? We've been organizing a surprise birthday party for you. It's your birthday in two days for crying out loud. It was supposed to be a surprise but I guess you couldn't wait" Amelia said as tears formed.

Annie looked like she was processing it all.
"If you still think I'm lying.. you can go through my call log. I recorded every conversation Archie and I ever had. I didn't want to forget anything, since I'm so forgetful nowadays"
She said as she handed her phone to Annie.

Annie played the first call recorded.
"Hey Archie" "hey, is Annie there with you? I need to ask something"
"Nope" " okay, what theme do you think she'd like? And what cake would be suitable? I'm indecisive. She likes chocolate cake and carrot cake"
"Theme, should be classy. Chocolate cake.. and don't order roses. She prefers lilies"
"How'd you know? I was just about to order bouquet of roses"
They both just laughed.
"Let's talk tomorrow. Jasmine's tossing and turning, i don't want her to wake up."
"Goodnight"
The call ended.

"You can listen more.. but I can't imagine you'd think I'd do such a thing to you. If you thought I could do this.. then you don't know me at all"
She paused as tears fell.
"Archie is your husband, not mine"

"If you think I'm a threat to your marriage.. just say the word and I'll move out, Jasmine can stay. I'll drop in a few times to check on her, so she doesn't suspect a thing" Amelia added as she cried more.

Annie just cried. " I'm sorry Archie"
"I'm sorry Amelia.. I didn't-
" Just save it Annie. I can't right now.. I just can't" she said storming out of the house with spare keys.

She needed to be alone at the moment. How could her own sister, accuse her of having an affair with her spouse? It was all just.. so complicated.

She bumped into someone along the way.
"I'm sorry" she said in a shaky voice. She was still crying.

"Hey.. you dropped something" a masculine voice said.
Her eyes were filled with tears, making her vision blurry. She couldn't look at him.

"Could you hand it over to me, please?"
"Sure. Are you okay?" He asked in a concerned tone.
"Yeah, just hand over my keys"
"Are you really okay?"
"No!!. Do I look f**king okay to you?" She snapped.
"Give me my keys and mind your business"
She added.
"I'm sorry, jeez" he said as he dropped the keys in her palm.

She headed straight to the hotel Ariella was staying at.

Annie had tried calling Amelia, only to figure out that she'd left her phone behind, along with her purse- which contained money and her credit card. She was assured Amelia was gonna be back.

..
"Can I crash over?"
"Yeah, sure. Is everything okay between you and Annie?" Ariella asked.
"Yeah. I just wanna crash over here for a bit."
"O..k. Sure"
....