Chapter 89 - Runaway Bride

The long anticipated day had arrived, she was finally getting married. Amelia was getting dressed to be wedded. Mason walked in.
"You're not supposed to be in here. It's considered bad luck" Amelia said staring at Mason.
"I just wanted to see my beautiful bride"
"You'll have plenty of time for that, Mason," Annie said and drove him out.

"There is no going back now, Amelia. I wish you the best of luck" Annie whispered in Amelia's ears and stepped aside as her dad offered to walk Amelia down the aisle.
While she walked down the aisle her mind wondered so many thoughts.

Am I doing the right thing?
Do I really, want to get married to Mason?
Did I accept his proposal to make Andre jealous?
No, no I'm just overreacting.

Her father gave her hand to Mason and walked back to his seat. Amelia and Mason smiled at each other before facing the priest.
"We've gathered here to witness the coming together of Amelia Neil and Mason Miller in holy matrimony-"
Suddenly the door to the church burst open.
"Stop this wedding"
"Andre?" Amelia muttered, staring at him in shock.

"Amelia, you can't get married to this guy, you don't even love him," he said breathing heavily as he walked to where she was.
"Stop talking nonsense Andre, quit being a sore loser already," Mason said.
"Amelia" Andre said pulling her away from Mason. Mason got furious and punched Andre in the face.
"Don't touch my bride, Andre"
"She doesn't love you, man"

Amelia stood there unable to process what was going on. These two were fighting over her and causing a commotion. She threw her veil, grabbed the car keys from Annie, and ran out of the church.
"Amelia!" they all called to her but she'd gotten into the car and driven off. Leaving the two men at the altar.

They all got into their cars and tried to find Amelia. But hours flew by and not a single person had found Amelia. They tried calling her but realized she'd left her phone behind.
Not even Annie knew where she could have gone to.

Amelia stood at the beach, admiring the waves, while people gave her awkward stares. She was in a wedding dress after all, but she didn't care. She wanted to be alone to think things through.
Maybe she was happy that the wedding didn't push through. She was in Brooklyn, beach. Where no one would recognize her or think to find her.

"I'm glad I found you here. This was the last place I had in mind" she heard someone say. She turned around and found Andre panting.
"H-How did you find me?" she asked surprised.
"Love always finds love," he said causing her to look puzzled.
"That sounded way better in my head." he chuckled nervously.
"What do you want from me? Haven't you done enough already?" she yelled with tears welling up in her eyes.

He took a step back, he was only making her more miserable- he thought.
"I'm sorry. I-I just couldn't bear the thought of you being married to someone that isn't me" he said with so much sincerity.
"What good came out of being married to you? You talk as if I threw away everything we had, I was the one constantly holding on" she cried.

"I know and I'm sorry," he said moving closer.
"Don't come any closer. You're sorry? I don't think so. If you are sorry, then let me go. Let go, Andre. Accept that we will only hurt each other. We can't be happy together-"
He interrupted her not wanting to hear it.
"No. You're wrong. We can be happy together. I know I don't deserve a second chance or any chance at all but please don't push me away" he pleaded.

It started raining all of a sudden.
"Where did you park the car? The rain doesn't seem like it'll stop soon" Andre said taking off his jacket to cover her.
"I parked it at the entrance"
Andre held unto her and walked to the entrance. He tried starting the car but to no avail.
"Well, the car has broken down and it's too late to call a mechanic. We should find shelter somewhere" Andre said getting out of the car when he spotted a hotel right down the street.

"We should pass the night at the hotel down the road. But first, let's get you clothes to change into," he said and stopped by a mini-clothing store. Turns out it was a men's clothing store. Amelia looked frustrated, but she had no choice. He bought a pair of sweatshirts and sweatpants.

They headed to the hotel and stood at the reception desk to book two rooms.
"I'm sorry but there's only one master suite left." the receptionist announced to their surprise.
"I can't share a room with him" Amelia objected.
"I'm sorry but there's no extra room"
"We'll take it," he said handing over his credit card to the receptionist.

"What are you talking about? I'm not sharing a room with you" she said glaring at him.
"Well, you might as well leave. Find a motel or better still drive home" Andre yelled, fed up with her tantrums already. It wasn't like he planned for any of this to happen. He groaned in frustration seeing her teary eyes.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you, but can't you at least consider the circumstances? It's not my fault Amelia." he sighed not knowing what else to say, since she won't trust him. She might be seeing it as a scheme he planned to get close to her- he thought.

"Take the clothes, the room too. I'll find somewhere else to stay" he said collecting his credit card and turning to leave.
She realized she'd overreacted and assumed the worst of him.
"Andre," she called out making him turn around.
"It's fine, we can share. It's just one night" she said taking the room key card.

They took the elevator and walked into the suite.
"You should take a hot bath before you catch a cold," he said handing her the clothes. She nodded her head and walked into the bathroom. She walked out after some time her hair in a towel. Andre took a shower too and changed into his fully-dried clothes.

"I'll sleep on the couch. You take the bed, it's right that way" he said grabbing a blanket and pillows.
"Or we could share. It might get cold at night" she said and he didn't object.

Andre was having a nightmare where Amelia was getting shot right in front of him, he woke up screaming. Amelia tried to calm him but he moved away.
"Stay away from me, I'll only hurt you," he said panting.
"You're not gonna hurt me" She assured him. She moved closer and placed her palm on his left side cheek. He stared into her eyes with teary eyes. He leaned into her touch and she moved closer. They stared at each other before sharing a kiss. Andre was going forward to take off her shirt but she stopped him.
"No, we can't" she mumbled but pressed her lips against his. She undid his buttons and threw his shirt off. Her hands glided down his biceps.

"Andre" she choked on her words as he pulled her in for a desperate but passionate kiss. He pressed his lips on her neck.
"We can't," she said again breathing heavily. "Tell me to stop and I'll stop" he muttered in her ears.
"Andre," she gasped for air.
"Tell me to stop Amelia. I can't stop on my own. I want you" he confessed.

"Andre..."
"Say it. Say you want me to stop. Tell me what you want" he said teasing her lips with slow kisses.
"Yes..." she said inaudibly
"Yes, what?" he teased.
"Yes, I don't want you to stop. I want you, Andre"
"Say that again, Amelia" he teased, taking her shirt off.

"I..." she choked on her words as he hovered over her, pinning her to the bed.
"Say it. I can't do anything if you don't say it" he teased, unraveling her sweatpants. She quivered at his touch. She couldn't deny it any longer she wanted this man. He was the only one who could make her this vulnerable.
"I-i want you, Andre"
...