Chapter 51 - Epic fails..

"What are you doing with these newspapers?"
Annie asked, seeing stacks of newspapers scattered around Amelia.

" I'm trying to catch up with everything that has happened in the last five years" she sarcastically answered.
Annie wasn't buying that.
" I'm job hunting. I'm looking out for vacancies"
Annie arched a brow.
" I know what you're gonna say but no. You're a mom now and Zach needs you. You can't work yet, so Archie and I will do the work while you take care of baby Zach"

" Besides, I'm enrolling Jasmine into a private school soon. We've got bills to pay, I gotta find a job soonest" she added.

"You're right. Let's find you that job" Annie said taking a sit beside Amelia, as she scrolled through newspapers.

"Hey babe," Archie said planting a kiss on Annie's forehead.
"Are you leaving already?"Annie pouted.
" I have to. I'll be back early though."
"Okay," she said wrapping her arms around him.

"Love you," he said as he walked out through the door.

"Okay, back to what we were doing," Annie said joining her.
"Annie, I found one"
"Really? Let me have a look"
"It's a sales representative at a shopping mall"
"That's nice, but do you have the credentials for it? You went to culinary school"

"I do. I read a business and design course while I was in Norway. I can get a job in both sectors"
"Smart girl," Annie said patting her head.
"I've got to get ready for the interview. I'll see you later"

She got interviewed and was asked one final question.
"What is one thing a sales representative must possess?"
"A sales representative must possess good communication and listening skills" she answered eloquently.

"That'll be all. We'll get in contact with you"
"Okay sir," she said before leaving.
She had a good feeling about this job.

" How was the interview?" Annie asked as soon as Amelia walked in.
" It was good but the ball is in their court now"
" Hopefully, you'll get it. I made lunch, you must be starving"
"Thanks"

..
"I got the job" Amelia screamed.
"For real? That's great. When do you start?"
"Tomorrow"

She left excited and came back looking gloomy.
"What's with your mood?" Annie asked.
"That job isn't for me," she said falling on the couch.
"What do you mean? Why's your hair around the place? You look like you got into a fight"

"I did. With an angry customer. I tried talking nicely but she just kept yelling and pulling at my hair strands. It wasn't funny, and I couldn't yell or push her away. She could file an assault charge against me. I put up a smiling face while she was pulling my strands out"

"Sorry. I'll get some ice"
" You know what the annoying part was?"
"What?" Annie asked curiously.
"The owner. He told me it was normal and that customers are usually that hot-tempered. He said I shouldn't hold a freaking grudge. I was fuming mad. I'm never going back to that hell hole."

"He's such a dim-witted imbecile. Yes, don't work there anymore. I'll get the ice"

She saw more job opportunities but they were all epic fails. Either the boss were womanizers or the pay wasn't enough for the job. She ended up quitting everyone.

Tired and frustrated, she took a break...