Chapter 73 - Accident

As usual, he'd ended up ruining the lives of those closest to him, Including Mason's.

"Mason" he called out, he wanted to apologize.
"I'm sorry," he said as soon as Mason turned around. He meant it, he didn't mean to hurt anyone but like always he did.

"What are you apologizing for? For sleeping with my girlfriend?" he scoffed.
"You betrayed me, we were like brothers. If you had gone out with someone I used to like or taken anything else from me I wouldn't feel this hurt. If Amelia was the girl we both liked at the same time and we were trying to date her; and she chooses you, I wouldn't feel betrayed. Because it was fair, because the choice was hers to make. But not when she was mine, she was my girlfriend and I loved her. I've never loved someone the way I love her and then you just had to lure her to bed." he paused.

"Why? I.." his voice was shaky. He gained composure and continued.
"If it wasn't for the incident that occurred nineteen years ago; if I didn't feel like it was my fault for all that happened nineteen years ago, do you think I'd stand right here having this conversation with you? Do you think I'd stay in your company? No, freaking way. I feel bad about what happened nineteen years ago. I feel worse day after day. You want me to understand you because of the illness you developed, but I can't. You can't make me believe it happened because of it, you still had a choice. There's nothing to understand about sleeping with your best friend's girlfriend. You'll be glad to know that we broke up, you can chase after her or do whatever you like."

"You know, I feel like breaking all the bones in your body, but I won't, because I respect all the years of our friendship. I'll bare with you till the month comes to an end, we'll go our separate ways once you've found my replacement. Till then stay away from me," Mason said and left.

Andre just stood there, he had nothing to say. It was his fault, after all, he had a choice that night but he chose to ignore it due to his personal feelings for Amelia.

Amelia walked into Andre's office in tears with an envelope in her hand. She dropped the envelope on his table.
"What's this?" he said pointing at the envelope.
"My resignation letter. Process it as fast as you can so I can get my life back"
Yes, she wanted to stay far away from the one person that made her lose Mason, but that wasn't the only reason why. She'd found out who he was and why he seemed familiar from the beginning. He was her ex-husband- the man whom she'd loved and who had hurt her. How couldn't she have recognized him?
She felt stupid that she let him hurt her for a second time.

"Amelia-
"Don't say my name. I'm only staying till the end of the day" she said and walked out. She cleared her desk and booked a cab.
"Let me drop you off, it's raining" Andre offered.
"No, thank you. I already booked a cab" she said, even if she hadn't gotten a cab, she wouldn't go with him.

He drove away but didn't go too far, he wanted to watch her get into her cab first before leaving. He saw Amelia get into a cab and he followed behind.

*crash*
"Amelia!" Andre screamed as he saw the cab Amelia had boarded crash into a truck...

To be continued...