Chapter 20 - Exploring

Reyna's POV
The last few weeks of our honeymoon were full of adventures and lots of exploring. In a blink of an eye, a month was almost over. I'd doubted we'd make any progress in getting to know each other and be free around each other, but I was wrong. It all turned out great, Andre was such a nice guy.

During the third week of our stay, we were mostly indoors catching up on both our lives, and getting to know and understand each other better.

Andre kept spoiling me by cooking our meals and doing the dishes right after.

During the last week of our honeymoon, we decided to explore the place. We went hiking, jet skiing, swimming, and bungee jumping.

   HIKING

We decided to go hiking in the mountains. We walked along the mountain path. The open-air had a bracing effect on the mind. Hiking on the mountain took us near the beauties of nature. The sight of bushes, waterfalls, and wildflowers is pleasing. We had the leisure to stand, walk and talk.

JET SKIING

Andre asked if I knew how to drive a jet ski and I said I knew. We raced till we reached the shore. We spent some time on the shore and walked barefoot by the beach. We talked and laughed; it was like time had slowed down. I got to admit I was happy, I thought our marriage was going to be a disaster but it turned out the opposite.

SWIMMING

We decided to swim a bit. I wasn't that good at swimming and he offered to coach me. I wore a bikini and he was in shorts. I felt his eyes on me. He splashed water on me and I did the same. We both started splashing water on each other. But we dried up soon after before either of us caught a cold. We sat by the fireplace to dry up and Andre made us hot choco. He was such a sweetheart.

BUNGEE JUMPING

We went sightseeing and came across bungee jumping. I asked him if it was fine to try jumping and he accepted without denial.
   As we reached the arena, I shivered and revealed I was slightly Acrophobic. He suggested we leave without jumping, but I wanted to try it at least once. You only live once right?

So I asked if we could go together and he agreed. He held my hand as we jumped together. At first, I was screaming but then I felt an Adrenaline rush and I wasn't frightened anymore.

I wanted to go for another round and I kept bugging Andre. After two rounds we called it a day. We spent the rest of the evening watching TV shows, talking, and snacking. I got to admit, he had a good sense of humor. We packed up our suitcases the very next day and said goodbye to the honey bay island.

We boarded the plane back home. We returned to Andre's parents' home after our honeymoon.