Chapter 69 - Steamy night with...

AMELIA...
"What does that mean? Where are we gonna get a replacement in half an hour?"
I could hear Mr. Andre scream before slamming his phone on the desk. I wanted to know what went wrong, today was the runway after all; everything had to be perfect.

"What's wrong?" I asked walking into his office.
"We're one model short" he replied almost immediately.
"What does that even mean?"
"One of the models left the country and there's no replacement. The show will begin in half an hour and we'll have 9 models walking down the ramp instead of 10," he said running his hands nervously through his hair. This was gonna be a problem, people had already started arriving, and we had VIPs attending too.

I was lost in my thoughts but when I looked up at Andre, I found him staring at me and I knew what it was about.
"No, no, no. There's no way" I declined.
"Amelia, please. You fit perfectly, you have the same size as the model, you know your way around here and you're familiar with the steps and everything. Please"
"No. I can't"
"Don't do it for me, do it for the company."
"You know I'm claustrophobic and you want me to walk down a ramp with thousands of eyes on me? no. The thought of it makes me dizzy"
There was no way, I was walking down the ramp.

"Amelia, you can do it. Please. Just focus on someone or an object"
"What?" I asked confused,
"Focus your eyes on me during the runway. Imagine I'm the only one there, I need you. The company needs you. Please, say you'll do it"
After much persistence from him, I agreed.
"Fine, I'll do it"
"Thank you. We have twenty minutes left, you should get to the fitting room" he smiled.

Before the makeup artist came in; I took off my glasses and wiped off the fake freckles.
They did some light makeup on me and I got dressed in a turquoise blue, backless bodycon dress.
"Wow, I almost didn't recognize you. You look stunning" I heard a voice say from behind. I hoped it was Mason but it was just Andre.
"Tell me something I don't know," I said rolling my eyes cautiously. I didn't need his compliments.

"Take deep breaths, I'm sitting by the front row, the third seat by your right. You're gonna nail this" he said with an assuring smile before walking out. I felt less nervous.
When it was my turn, I felt my feet shake, I was frightened by the massive crowd that had gathered. What if I trip? I took in deep breaths and walked onto the ramp. My eyes scanned through the crowd before meeting his gaze. He shot me a reassuring smile and I eased up.

I kept my gaze on him as I consciously walked down the ramp. I was doing it, I didn't feel anxious.
"You did it" he beamed spotting me after I was done.
"Thanks, for the encouragement."
"Don't mention it. I'm just glad everything worked out" he said and walked away.

It had been a week and Mason hadn't spoken a word to me. I wanted to make it up to him, no matter what. I had just the perfect thing in mind.

Mason, I'm sorry. Let's talk, please.
         Read
Meet me in the darkroom in half an hour.
Read

He'd read my messages but there was no response. I waited by the dark room but he didn't show, I was going to call it a night when I heard approaching footsteps. I pulled him into the darkroom and locked the door behind me.
"I know what you saw that day but I promise you that I don't feel a thing for the boss; I only like you Mason. And.. I'll let you make love to me to prove it" I said shocked at my own words. I didn't want to lose Mason and if this was what it takes, fine.

He brushed his lips against mine. His hands trailed down to my hip, he tugged at the hem of the dress and pulled it off of me. I was super shy, I was glad the room was dark, or else I wouldn't be able to look him in the eye at this point. He wasn't saying anything, he just took off his clothes and mine too. He carried me in his arms and gently laid me on the bed. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach.
He hovered over me, before bringing his lips to mine. I locked my legs on his hips and deepened the kiss...

♥︎♥︎♥︎
I woke up on his bare chest, I traced my fingertips on his biceps. A shy smile curved up my lips.
"Are you still mad at me? You haven't said a word since last night" I said peering at his face.
I screamed in horror seeing his face. I scooted away, covering my body with the duvet.
He- He wasn't Mason...

Question: Who do you think she had a steamy night with?