Chapter 75 - "I have a daughter.."

She'd been unconscious for two days. The doctors assured Annie that she'd wake up soon but that didn't eradicate her worry. Jasmine was a different case; the little girl refused to leave her mom's side or go to school. Annie didn't force her, she could imagine how she felt.

"Sweety, you should eat something," Annie said pleading with Jasmine.
"No, I'm not hungry. How can I eat when mommy hasn't eaten?" she cried.
"Okay. Just have a glass of water, please"
"Fine" she agreed and took a sip from the glass of water before pushing it away.

She slowly opened her eyes, she couldn't fathom where she was.
"Mommy" Jasmine said as soon as she saw her open her eyes.
"Amelia" Annie cried.
"Annie? Jasmine?. What am I doing here?" she tried to sit up but everywhere hurt.

"Lay down. You'll hurt yourself. You got into an accident remember?"
She looked like she was recalling it but no.
"I don't remember. What happened?"
"I got a call three days ago that you'd gotten into a car accident and your boss had brought you to the hospital. I got here but he was nowhere to be found. You lost a lot of blood and I had to do a blood transfusion. You've been unconscious since the surgery"

"My head hurts."
There was a knock at the door and then a nurse strolled in with a cart. "It's time to change her bandage" She glanced over at Amelia and stopped. "You're awake. I'll go get the doctor to examine you" and with that, she left.

The doctor examined her and found nothing wrong.
"You're in perfect shape. I'll prescribe some drugs for your pain. Your wounds would be fully healed in a week. Also, don't forget to take a five minutes walk daily." the doctor said and asked Annie to accompany him to his office to get Amelia's prescription.

"Mommy" Jasmine cried.
"My baby. I'm sorry for getting you worried" she said and kissed her forehead.

"I drove here as fast as I could," Archie said taking a seat beside Amelia.
"How do you feel?"
"I feel like someone's playing a grand piano on my head"
"Still got your humor" Archie chuckled.
"Amelia" a voice called from outside. She recognized it as Mason's.

"Archie, please do me a favor"
"Okay?"
"I can't face him yet. Please act like I haven't woken up yet. Please"
"Okay, fine"
He said and she laid back shutting her eyes close. Archie adjusted her blanket and the door burst open.
"Amelia" his voice dropped seeing her in that condition.

"I'll leave you two. Jasmine let's go" Archie said as he led Jasmine out.
Mason crouched beside Amelia. He reached for her hand and squeezed it gently.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen when I said we should go our separate ways"

Why was he apologizing? it's not his fault - Amelia thought to herself as tears rolled down her cheek.
"I can't bear to see you hurt like this. Please wake up" She could hear him silently sobbing.

Meanwhile...
"Sir, Miss Amelia is awake," his driver said.
"That's great news. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to stop myself from seeing her"
"Sir...
"I have another call coming in, I'll call you when I can," he said and disconnected the call to answer Dave.

"Did you find anything?" Andre asked immediately.
"Yes but you're rude"
"What did you find?"
"Check your email. I already emailed you everything. Your guess was right, they're the same person"
Hearing this Andre plunged on his couch. How?

"Reyna left the country almost six years ago. She got adopted and changed her name to Amelia Jones. She returned with a five-year-old daughter. So, are you gonna tell me your connection with this woman?"
"Wait a minute. She has a daughter...A five-year-old daughter?"
"Yes"
"Did she ever get remarried?"
"No. There's no upload of a marriage certificate from Norway. Why do you ask? Wait, don't tell me she's your ex-wife."

"She is. Is the child mine?" he asked trembling. The thought of Reyna having a child for another man would kill him.
"That's up to you to find out"
"Wait. At least let me know the date she was born"
"16th March 2018"

His phone dropped. That was a month after their divorce was finalized. He traced the date back to the first month of her pregnancy and it was at the family dinner. He couldn't help but realize why she wasn't feeling well that day. She'd told him about the divorce on their anniversary. November 16th, 2017. But why did she keep it away from him?? A question he didn't have an answer to.

"I-I have a daughter"