Chapter 19 - Watching sunset

Andre's POV
It was Tuesday yet again, it was sunny outside. A perfect day to watch the Sunset.
The beach tides were crashing into the shore. The view was breathtaking. Birds chirping on top of the trees. Squirrels ran through the bushes, the grasses looking much greener.

The fresh air crashed into my skin, making me feel so relaxed. The butterflies suck the nectar out of the flowers. I haven't been this observant of nature in a while.

A bird fell out of its nest, I gently picked it up and placed it back before its mother comes at me.
I threw the trash bags out and went back inside.

"Ahh!" She screamed and jumped on me. Both hands and legs crossed behind me, her face buried in the crook of my neck. I patted her gently.
"What's wrong?" I asked
"It's.. a roach," she said
"Cockroach?" I asked
"Yeah. Get it outta my sight please, it's disgusting"

Wow! She's frightened by cockroaches.
"Okay fine," I said placing her on the kitchen counter. She shut her eyes closed.
"Is it gone yet?" She asked her eyes still closed.
"Almost" I answered after spraying it with some insecticide.
"You can open your eyes now, it's gone "
"Are you sure?" She asked, eyes still closed "Yeah," I said and she opened her eyes.

"That's a relief, thanks," she said hugging me.
"Are you that scared of cockroaches?"I asked.
"Yeah, not really. It's just so creepy, slimy, and disgusting" she said.
"Okay. I'll make sure the house gets disinfected once or twice a week. Let's have lunch"

Later on...
"Would you like to watch the sunset with me?"
She suddenly asked. I was gonna say that, how did she know? Was she reading my mind?
" Yeah, sure. It's about time"

We sat on the roof of the car, my hand on her shoulder, trailing up and down her arm.
"It's beautiful isn't it?" I asked
"Yeah, it is," she said as we watched
The sunset. The evening sun cast long shadows on the ground. The slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky. The sky was ablaze with the fire of the setting sun. The night sky was aglow with bright city lights. The reflection of the sun shone in the ocean. It was magnificent.

We sat by the porch and talked for a while.
"This feels so nice," I said but there was no response.
"Should we go inside?" I asked but there was still no response. I couldn't see her face, she was leaning on my shoulder.

I waved my hand in front of her face but there was no reaction. She'd fallen asleep.

I carried her inside and gently laid her on the bed, covering her with the sheets. I was about to leave when she patted the empty side of the bed. Her eyes were still closed.
" Lay with me" I smiled and lay on the empty side. She snuggled into me. I gently caressed her hair and eventually fell asleep.