Chapter 8 - Arranged marriage

Reyna's POV
I was now hand in hand with my husband. Oh! That felt so weird, I can't get used to the word "Husband."

"Hi, I'm Taylor. Andre's elder brother" a voice said from behind. We turned towards him. Andre didn't let go of my hand.

"Hello, brother-in-law," I said softly with a smile. I noticed he was holding a little girl who should be around 6 years old.

Noticing my gaze he said,
"She's my daughter, Layla. My wife should be here any minute"
"Hi Layla," I said waving at her as she shyly smiled, waved at me, and hid behind her dad. I couldn't help but chuckle. She was adorable. Her mom came and Taylor introduced her as Courtney.

I caught little Layla, stealing glances at me. Our eyes met and she shyly hid behind her mom.

"Hi, I'm Annie. Reyna's elder sister" Annie said to Andre who responded,
"Nice to finally meet you, sister-in-law," he said with a smile

We both introduced each other to our families and relatives.

It was time for photos. We took the general photo with families and relatives. And it was time for the couple's photo.

We both just stood there staring at the photographer. He beckoned on us to come closer to each other, we did but not the way he wanted.

He told us to hold each other and look affectionate.

Andre looked at me as if asking for permission to hold me and I just nodded. He held me around my waist, bringing my face toward his direction. My hands settled on his chest and we stared at each other. Not knowing what was going through our minds.

"Perfecto," the photographer said all smiles.

It was time to bid farewell.
"Dad.." I said sobbing.
"Shh... Don't cry pearl"
"I'll miss you dad" I cried and he pulled me into a hug.

"Mom.."
"You're gonna be fine. Take good care of yourself and your new family" and she hugged me.

"Anna.."
"I'm going to miss you"
"Me too, Anna"
"Congratulations Reyna. You got what you wanted" Clea said. There she goes being all rude again.

"Annie.." I said falling into her embrace,
"You're such a crybaby. You shouldn't be crying on a day like this. If you miss me, even in the slightest just give me a call and I'll be there or you could come over"
"Okay"
I felt a hand on my shoulder and it was Andre consoling me.

"Here. Spare keys to my apartment"
"Thanks, Annie"
"You're welcome anytime. Hope that won't be a problem, Andre?"
I turned to him waiting for his response.
"It's totally fine. She can see you whenever she wants and I might accompany her If it's okay with you"
"Sure, Please take good care of my sister. She's all I have"
"Annie.."
"I will. You can trust me"

I was cold now, goosebumps had appeared all over. I felt warm now, I turned around to see that Andre had covered me with his suit jacket. He held my hand as he led me to the car.

He handed me a handkerchief to wipe my tears. I muttered " Thanks"
I felt sleepy and I ended up sleeping on his shoulder.

When I woke up, it was nightfall and the car had parked in front of a huge mansion.
"Sleeping beauty is awake," he said.
"I'm sorry, I.."
"I didn't say that for you to apologize. You seemed tired and you slept peacefully. Does your neck hurt?" he asked and I was surprised.
"It doesn't hurt. Thanks" he got out and helped me out holding my hand.

"Carry her home Andre" I turned to see that it was my mother-in-law. I was in his arms now as he carried me into the house and gently dropped me on the couch.

"Welcome home, Reyna"
"Thanks, Courtney"
"By the way, why are you here? You should be in your room" she smiled.
"um.."
I didn't know what to say
"I'll show you to your room now," she said
"um.. my bags aren't here yet" I tried to tell her.
"I was told it'll be here by morning." She said as she lead me to Andre's room. Technically ours now.

She opened the door and lead me in
"Okay, good night" she smiled and left.

The room was dimly lit, and the bed was covered with red rose petals. I was nervous, I didn't know what to do. I sat down waiting for Andre.

-creak-

The bathroom door opened, and he was walking towards the couch wiping his wet brown hair with a towel. He was wearing only black shorts. He was shirtless. I couldn't stop staring at his rock-hard chiseled abs.

"You should freshen up." He said.
I stood up from the bed and headed to the bathroom. I heard footsteps behind me and I instantly turned around.

"You can change into these. I haven't worn them yet. I heard your bags won't be here till morning" he handed me a brown top and black sweatpants.
"A bath towel is in the bathroom drawers,
there's a new one in the first drawer"

"Okay," I said and walked into the washroom. I think I came out after 25 minutes.