Chapter 88 - Wedding bells

AMELIA...
It had been three months since Mom's death and since I last saw Mason. He'd been called for urgent business overseas. He promised he'd be back before our wedding which was in just a week.

"I can't wait to get married to you and take you home and do everything I want to do with you," He said with a smile on his face.
"Hmm, I can't wait either" I managed to force a smile. It was all he said for the past month and yet he wasn't back. We've been planning our wedding virtually for three months now.
And I was tired of that. I wanted him by my side as we chose the event planning, my wedding dress, and everything together, not virtually.

"You don't look happy, what's wrong?"  he asked with concern. I'd forgotten it was a face time call.
"I just think that at this rate we might get married virtually," I said, unable to hide my worry.
"I'm sorry. I know I've left you alone for far too long but I promise that I'll be back sooner than you expect," he said and I just nodded.

"I'll call you later. I love you," he smiled and hang up.
"We have to go get your dress today, what are you doing?" I heard Annie say.
She sat beside me and held me close.
"Are you okay? Is something bothering you?" she asked worried.
"I miss him, Annie," I said embracing her.
"Andre or Mason?" she asked.
Both?

"Why would you ask me that? I'm getting married to Mason in a week so obviously it's Mason" I rambled.
"You haven't been able to reach Andre and I see the look of worry on your face every time you call him."
"He's my daughter's father. Jasmine has been pestering me to call him that's all" I said avoiding eye contact with Annie.

"Amelia. Make up your mind, wavering isn't going to help you come to a decision. I only want you to be happy. I don't think you can get married to Mason if Andre is all you think and worry about"
"It's not like that. I love Mason Annie" I said as she got up to leave.
"Okay," she plainly said and left.

Now I can't stop thinking about what she said.
I needed fresh air, I needed silence to myself.
"Annie, I'm going out. I'll be back soon" I said and left.

I stopped at a nearby library. I needed to read some books; which I haven't done in quite a while. I got a text as soon as I walked in, it was from Mason.
"Where are you?" I didn't know why he was asking, considering he was far away.
"At the library down the street," I responded, putting my phone back in my back pocket.

I greeted the library assistant and moved to a bookshelf. I scanned the shelf for a few minutes before I spotted one that piqued my interest. I couldn't reach the book, it was high up on the shelf. Suddenly I felt a masculine body behind me, his hand reached for the book I was about to take, he grabbed it and I turned to get a look at the face.

"Mason," I said in surprise. We spoke barely an hour ago. How? How was he here?
"I wanted to surprise you. I was already home when I called you and now I'm here" he said with a smile on his face.
"I missed you so much," he said and pulled me into a hug.
"Me too"

In the next couple of days that followed, we planned everything together. We planned on having a church wedding and then an after-party. Annie helped me pick up my dress and other necessities.
The days passed so fast that it was just a day left for our wedding.

I was nervous.
I felt like something was missing but I couldn't put a pin on it.

To be continued...